Blogfest 2007 - A Live Blogging Extravaganza
Algore may think that the event of the day today is the Live Earth Day Concert. He would be wrong (again). The thousands of young couples getting married today on 7-7-7 may think that their wedding is the event of the day today. They too would be wrong as today is Blogfest 2007 at 'The Manor' in uptown Mitchieville. The gazelle is on the rotisserie, our blogger friends are arriving and I have whipped up some tasty snacks for the evening so join The Mayor, Fenris, TLDG and I for the live blogging event of the day. Say hello down below in the comments section and send Fenris your money. - Reg
4:15pm - How the hell is it the the word 'blogger' is not in the spellcheck dictionary for blogger.com? This question needs to be answered. Fenris will surely know - Reg
4:30 - Lisa Foggy sent an email this morning where she informed us that we could expect the London Fog crew "before 3:30". Is it that Lisa is lying like so she often does in our Smackdowns? Is it that the jerks from The Fog are holding her up? Maybe it is a bit of both. The other bloggers are starting to talk about them behind their back. I never knew that about Basil... - Reg
4:54 - They still aren't here, a few of us are very worried. I have dispatched the local Mitchievillian po po to comb the streets to find them. Ian still isn't here, but he did mention that he might not show up until 6 pm. I would like to take this time to ask you to put in a prayer to Set, the Snake God, asking Set to bless the Foggers and Ian with safe travels. Bruce is here, all the way from Chelsea, Quebec. As I type this, Fenris is filling his mind with nasty thoughts. I fear for Bruce, he's looking a tad bit scared, yet slightly turned on by the whole thing. - The Mayor
5:40 - The Foggers have finally arrived and well past the accepted standard of "fashionably late" - and they brought booze. What the hell kind of blogfest do they think this is? - Reg
6:51 - A questionable business deal of mine has fallen through. I was using the blogger festival as a cover/alibi for this high cash transaction. Crap. Otherwise, things are fine. The whiskey is flowing and the chow is excellent. Reg has a wonderful curry dip, which I must patent and sell under another label. Bruce is looking for a job ... perhaps I can set him up as a homeless shelter supervisor? I have to approach Dave about a scheme involving Insta-bank transactions in Urugay. - Fenris
7:00 - Mitchieville is just as I expected it: a toxic chemical wasteland inhabited by toothless, inbred snake-worshipers. But it's not like we have to have much contact with the local citizenry; the Mayor's party is being held in his manor, located on a hill overlooking the rest of the town. And what a palace it is! It apparently was designed by one of Saddam's former architects. He took a cut from his usual rate just for the honour of working on this project. But I have to say, the North wing still needs quite a bit of work. Some of the statuary looks quite shabby, actually.
Ooh, gotta go. Fenris is about to perform his sacrifice to Set. I've heard his transformation is something that I just shouldn't miss. More later. - Bruce
7:19 - Bruce brought beer from Quebec, I believe he referred to it as, "Beer from Quebec". It's quite delicious, although it took me a while to find out as Mike stole my beer. Vengeance is mine, I'm going to put a scorpion in his sleeping bag - The Mayor
8:35 - I have breached the grounds of the Mayor's manor. I am winded after the long trek up the hill, but after some careful maneuvering I have avoided detection from the guards. It appears The Mayor is having some sort of special gathering. I was not invited of course, it looks like there is a sacrificial alter in the shape of a serpent. The servants are frantically gathering glassware for the grand opening of some royal nectar. I must try to get a closer look and perhaps a taste... - Nikita
11:54 - The loose blocks in the new retaining wall at the back of the Manor is proving useful for disposing of sacrificial victims chosen by the Mayor's diabolical "Pass the Ace" game. It is well that Mitchieville's police force receive their paycheques directly from the Mayor along with a kiss on the cheek. - MapMaster
12:02 - Charades was a great success, then we moved on to Scattergories. Oh, how we laughed! And the hors d'oeuvres were delightful with the selection of wines. Whoops, gotta go, time for the key exchange. - Bruce
10:00 am, the next day. The Mayor's neighbours have put up a for sale sign. And, there was a dastardly line up at the Tim Hortons for the morning coffee and carbohydrate ingestion. Somehow, I think the locals are slowly absorbing some sort of conscious realization about the new Mayor in Town. Otherwise, the donations to Set, the Snake God are up over budget. The squirrels carried off the peanuts I left for them to fight over. - Fenris
10:24 Ack! The lesbian-communist who made her way past security last night is nowhere to be found this morning, yet her yellow running shoes are in middle of The Manor foyer. Fenris is very angry with me. I, Suvorov, know nothing about her disappearance and have an alibi. Fenris has called the Mitchieville Public Library Secret Police. I need to get a head start, the blood hounds haven't been fed for days. Should the Crown make the offer, I will take a plea bargain.
4:15pm - How the hell is it the the word 'blogger' is not in the spellcheck dictionary for blogger.com? This question needs to be answered. Fenris will surely know - Reg
4:30 - Lisa Foggy sent an email this morning where she informed us that we could expect the London Fog crew "before 3:30". Is it that Lisa is lying like so she often does in our Smackdowns? Is it that the jerks from The Fog are holding her up? Maybe it is a bit of both. The other bloggers are starting to talk about them behind their back. I never knew that about Basil... - Reg
4:54 - They still aren't here, a few of us are very worried. I have dispatched the local Mitchievillian po po to comb the streets to find them. Ian still isn't here, but he did mention that he might not show up until 6 pm. I would like to take this time to ask you to put in a prayer to Set, the Snake God, asking Set to bless the Foggers and Ian with safe travels. Bruce is here, all the way from Chelsea, Quebec. As I type this, Fenris is filling his mind with nasty thoughts. I fear for Bruce, he's looking a tad bit scared, yet slightly turned on by the whole thing. - The Mayor
5:40 - The Foggers have finally arrived and well past the accepted standard of "fashionably late" - and they brought booze. What the hell kind of blogfest do they think this is? - Reg
6:51 - A questionable business deal of mine has fallen through. I was using the blogger festival as a cover/alibi for this high cash transaction. Crap. Otherwise, things are fine. The whiskey is flowing and the chow is excellent. Reg has a wonderful curry dip, which I must patent and sell under another label. Bruce is looking for a job ... perhaps I can set him up as a homeless shelter supervisor? I have to approach Dave about a scheme involving Insta-bank transactions in Urugay. - Fenris
7:00 - Mitchieville is just as I expected it: a toxic chemical wasteland inhabited by toothless, inbred snake-worshipers. But it's not like we have to have much contact with the local citizenry; the Mayor's party is being held in his manor, located on a hill overlooking the rest of the town. And what a palace it is! It apparently was designed by one of Saddam's former architects. He took a cut from his usual rate just for the honour of working on this project. But I have to say, the North wing still needs quite a bit of work. Some of the statuary looks quite shabby, actually.
Ooh, gotta go. Fenris is about to perform his sacrifice to Set. I've heard his transformation is something that I just shouldn't miss. More later. - Bruce
7:19 - Bruce brought beer from Quebec, I believe he referred to it as, "Beer from Quebec". It's quite delicious, although it took me a while to find out as Mike stole my beer. Vengeance is mine, I'm going to put a scorpion in his sleeping bag - The Mayor
8:35 - I have breached the grounds of the Mayor's manor. I am winded after the long trek up the hill, but after some careful maneuvering I have avoided detection from the guards. It appears The Mayor is having some sort of special gathering. I was not invited of course, it looks like there is a sacrificial alter in the shape of a serpent. The servants are frantically gathering glassware for the grand opening of some royal nectar. I must try to get a closer look and perhaps a taste... - Nikita
11:54 - The loose blocks in the new retaining wall at the back of the Manor is proving useful for disposing of sacrificial victims chosen by the Mayor's diabolical "Pass the Ace" game. It is well that Mitchieville's police force receive their paycheques directly from the Mayor along with a kiss on the cheek. - MapMaster
12:02 - Charades was a great success, then we moved on to Scattergories. Oh, how we laughed! And the hors d'oeuvres were delightful with the selection of wines. Whoops, gotta go, time for the key exchange. - Bruce
10:00 am, the next day. The Mayor's neighbours have put up a for sale sign. And, there was a dastardly line up at the Tim Hortons for the morning coffee and carbohydrate ingestion. Somehow, I think the locals are slowly absorbing some sort of conscious realization about the new Mayor in Town. Otherwise, the donations to Set, the Snake God are up over budget. The squirrels carried off the peanuts I left for them to fight over. - Fenris
10:24 Ack! The lesbian-communist who made her way past security last night is nowhere to be found this morning, yet her yellow running shoes are in middle of The Manor foyer. Fenris is very angry with me. I, Suvorov, know nothing about her disappearance and have an alibi. Fenris has called the Mitchieville Public Library Secret Police. I need to get a head start, the blood hounds haven't been fed for days. Should the Crown make the offer, I will take a plea bargain.
Labels: Blogfest, Team Mitchieville
Submit this post to ... StumbleUpon | Digg | del.icio.us
<< Home