Here's a Feel-Good Story
The population of Mitchieville grew by one last year, as Anielka became our newest citizen. And that's due to the generosity of my friends, family and the people that have clicked through on those terrible ads from Google. Let me explain:For my birthday last year, my friends took up a collection and raised a whack of money to put towards sponsoring a child through the Christian Children's Fund. My own legitimate children heard about this and they gave me two weeks allowance each to be put towards this sponsorship. I added in the ad revenue from those nearly useless Google ads and The Little Danish Girl and I not only had enough to sponsor a child, we had enough to send the child's father some work boots so he can work safer and better, and a little extra for the family at Christmas. Ta da.
Here is some information regarding this little girl, Anielka. She is 5 years old, a shy, quiet and well-behaved child who is quite often sick. Her family lives in her Uncle's house that is built with cement blocks and has a dirt floor. So, that means there are 9 people living in that house. That's what we use to call *dirt poor*.
And that brings me to my next point of order. I've had a PayPal button installed this week, the fine folks at The London Fog were good enough to put in their time and effort to organize that for me. I put that PayPal button there in case anyone would like to help sponsor another child. Mitchieville loves all the children of the world. And, unlike Madonna, we're not using them for spare parts, we just want to put some food on their table and make a better life for some destitute kids.
Anyway, I'm not here to guilt you into doing anything, that's not my style. However, to let you know, I will not keep one red cent that is donated through PayPal, all monies collected will go to help sponsor a child in need. That's the Mitchievillian way.
Submit this post to ... StumbleUpon | Digg | del.icio.us
<< Home