WHO IS FENRIS BADWULF?
This is a question that has tormented and baffled the readers of this blog for ages. Who is Fenris Badwulf? What makes him tick? Does he love and give love, or is he a heartless, bitter, lonely man, seeking refuge from his personal demons on the virtual world that is the internet? I can’t answer those questions as I have yet to meet the legend that is Fenris Badwulf. I can’t even say what he looks like. It has been written that we all create God in our own image. After 18 months of hanging around Mitchieville I think the same thing can be said of Fenris Badwulf. Don’t believe me?
It was during a lonely Sunday afternoon shift some year-and-a-half ago that I was reading another gut busting post by Skippy Stalin that involved his three favorite topics: self loathing, US politics and masturbation. Looking for something to get me through the rest of the shift I clicked on a few links in his blog roll and ended up in Mitchieville. This post was my first read at Mitchieville, the accompanying picture on the right was the picture posted by Fenris for that post. I still have nightmares about this picture.
Despite that terrifying picture and the deeply disturbing post I returned to Mitchieville to find that it was so much more than a creepy guy blogging about masturbation. There were two creepy guys at Mitchieville and they liked to post about things like women, Hollywood deadbeats, women with no clothes on, Roman history, teenaged girls with very little clothing on, political correctness and trivia. Mitchieville rocked and I was hooked.
I stumbled across this next picture in the dark bowels of the internet and thought for a while that the hairy dark hued fellow beside The Mayor was Fenris. I eventually decided that his un-kept hooligan was likely a fan who just wanted his picture taken with The Mayor before he ended his life. I’ve come to believe that The Mayor, kind and benevolent as he is, granted this request only to spare the fragile psyche of this lost disheveled soul. Rumor has it that the man in that picture found the strength to carry on and is now a near famous musician. True story.

For the love of all that is good I hope this is the last time that any of us have to see this picture. This picture, I am sorry to say, really is me and not “that fat bastard Fenris” to quote one of our commenter’s. Should that commenter show up this weekend I will be demanding reparations and a hug.
Over at DMB last month a few readers thought that the person sitting beside Darcey was our cherished Fenris. Those readers would be wrong. That hunk of man flesh is Albertan Technophile from Not Dead Yet .
So what does Fenris Badwulf look like? Does he have the boyish looks of Tom Cruise? Does he have the glistening Pecs and curly locks of a Matthew McConaughey or is he a human troll like the men pictured above? Find out for yourself this weekend at “The Mayor’s 2007 Blogfestapolooza”. Send His Worship an email at: Mitchieville at yahoo.com for the details and directions (if you don’t know enough to replace the ‘at’ with the ‘@’ symbol then there is no hope for you in this world). The BBQ gazelle is free with the purchase of 100 carbon credits. Don’t forget to bring Fenris your money.
It was during a lonely Sunday afternoon shift some year-and-a-half ago that I was reading another gut busting post by Skippy Stalin that involved his three favorite topics: self loathing, US politics and masturbation. Looking for something to get me through the rest of the shift I clicked on a few links in his blog roll and ended up in Mitchieville. This post was my first read at Mitchieville, the accompanying picture on the right was the picture posted by Fenris for that post. I still have nightmares about this picture. Despite that terrifying picture and the deeply disturbing post I returned to Mitchieville to find that it was so much more than a creepy guy blogging about masturbation. There were two creepy guys at Mitchieville and they liked to post about things like women, Hollywood deadbeats, women with no clothes on, Roman history, teenaged girls with very little clothing on, political correctness and trivia. Mitchieville rocked and I was hooked.
I stumbled across this next picture in the dark bowels of the internet and thought for a while that the hairy dark hued fellow beside The Mayor was Fenris. I eventually decided that his un-kept hooligan was likely a fan who just wanted his picture taken with The Mayor before he ended his life. I’ve come to believe that The Mayor, kind and benevolent as he is, granted this request only to spare the fragile psyche of this lost disheveled soul. Rumor has it that the man in that picture found the strength to carry on and is now a near famous musician. True story.
For the love of all that is good I hope this is the last time that any of us have to see this picture. This picture, I am sorry to say, really is me and not “that fat bastard Fenris” to quote one of our commenter’s. Should that commenter show up this weekend I will be demanding reparations and a hug.
Over at DMB last month a few readers thought that the person sitting beside Darcey was our cherished Fenris. Those readers would be wrong. That hunk of man flesh is Albertan Technophile from Not Dead Yet .
So what does Fenris Badwulf look like? Does he have the boyish looks of Tom Cruise? Does he have the glistening Pecs and curly locks of a Matthew McConaughey or is he a human troll like the men pictured above? Find out for yourself this weekend at “The Mayor’s 2007 Blogfestapolooza”. Send His Worship an email at: Mitchieville at yahoo.com for the details and directions (if you don’t know enough to replace the ‘at’ with the ‘@’ symbol then there is no hope for you in this world). The BBQ gazelle is free with the purchase of 100 carbon credits. Don’t forget to bring Fenris your money.Labels: Blogfest
Submit this post to ... StumbleUpon | Digg | del.icio.us
<< Home