Shacking up before marriage leads to separation
A new study suggests that couples that cohabitate before marriage are twice as likely to separate.
I think the study is dead on right. To tell you the truth, I thought everybody already knew that when you shack up before marriage you have a greater chance of eventually separating.
It comes down to this, shacking up is the cowards way out. For a man, it gives us security and a piece of ass that's always there for us. We don't worry about marriage because why should we worry about marriage, we're already shacked up.
Cohabitation is great for men, it means that we never have to marry the woman we live with. It's true. Look at it this way: when you're older, let's say in your 30's, and you move in with a woman, you can tell her any old crazy shit you like. "Oh baby, sure I want kids, I want to marry you(eventually), blah blah blah". He doesn't mean any of that, that's just a line every man learns in social study class when he was growing up. What he means to say is this: " I have no intention of having kids or marrying you, all I want is for you to cook me food and sex me up". The end.
Eventually, the woman is nearly too old to have kids and has invested way too much time into a relationship that is going nowhere. She doesn't leave because the guy is pretty much her last hope for kids, and now she's old and hanging on to a losing prospect. The man still couldn't care less because he's still being fed, and he still has no intention of having kids or getting married anyways. There ya go, both dysfunctions have been satisfied.
If you want to get married and have kids, don't be an idiot, don't move in together. The man has NO reason to marry you, as the saying goes, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?" Or as my pappy use to say, "Why spend money on hookers and gay penguins when the snapper is waiting at home for you...for free, dumbass".
Have I made my point clear enough for you? Have I drilled it into your head? I sure as hell hope so.
Don't get me wrong, if you don't want to ever get married and have kids, then live with the bastard, it makes no difference. Just don't think that eventually if you live with a guy he'll suddenly change his mind and want to marry you and have a gaggle of kids, there's no incentive for him, it aint gonna happen.
Take it from a guy who has been to the edge, stood and looked down, got bored, went away from the edge, then came back, stood, looked down, waited, had a peak around, left, came back, looked down but this time didn't wait, I spat, left, and never came back.
A review of recent research shows that couples who lived together before getting married face as much as double the risk of separation as those who lived apart. Those who cohabit have up to twice the rate of divorce after they're married.''The study then goes on to outline the outcome attributed to an unsuccessful relationship due to cohabitation, such as:
She cited a 2000 Canadian study that found, in the 20-to-30-year-old age group, a 63% separation rate for women whose first relationship was co-habitational compared with 33% among those who married before moving in.
Women who cohabited before marriage report a greater incidence of premarital violence than those who did not cohabit, which in turn leads to more marital violence.There are plenty more examples available, go check them out when you have time.
Couples who cohabit are less religious than those who do not, and several studies show a correlation between religious faith and marital stability.
I think the study is dead on right. To tell you the truth, I thought everybody already knew that when you shack up before marriage you have a greater chance of eventually separating.
It comes down to this, shacking up is the cowards way out. For a man, it gives us security and a piece of ass that's always there for us. We don't worry about marriage because why should we worry about marriage, we're already shacked up.
Cohabitation is great for men, it means that we never have to marry the woman we live with. It's true. Look at it this way: when you're older, let's say in your 30's, and you move in with a woman, you can tell her any old crazy shit you like. "Oh baby, sure I want kids, I want to marry you(eventually), blah blah blah". He doesn't mean any of that, that's just a line every man learns in social study class when he was growing up. What he means to say is this: " I have no intention of having kids or marrying you, all I want is for you to cook me food and sex me up". The end.
Eventually, the woman is nearly too old to have kids and has invested way too much time into a relationship that is going nowhere. She doesn't leave because the guy is pretty much her last hope for kids, and now she's old and hanging on to a losing prospect. The man still couldn't care less because he's still being fed, and he still has no intention of having kids or getting married anyways. There ya go, both dysfunctions have been satisfied.
If you want to get married and have kids, don't be an idiot, don't move in together. The man has NO reason to marry you, as the saying goes, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?" Or as my pappy use to say, "Why spend money on hookers and gay penguins when the snapper is waiting at home for you...for free, dumbass".
Have I made my point clear enough for you? Have I drilled it into your head? I sure as hell hope so.
Don't get me wrong, if you don't want to ever get married and have kids, then live with the bastard, it makes no difference. Just don't think that eventually if you live with a guy he'll suddenly change his mind and want to marry you and have a gaggle of kids, there's no incentive for him, it aint gonna happen.
Take it from a guy who has been to the edge, stood and looked down, got bored, went away from the edge, then came back, stood, looked down, waited, had a peak around, left, came back, looked down but this time didn't wait, I spat, left, and never came back.
Labels: For Your Health, RESEARCH
Submit this post to ... StumbleUpon | Digg | del.icio.us
<< Home