Worlds oldest student talks, and CNN captures it

NEW YORK (AP) -- Kimani Ng'ang'a waited more than eight decades for his first day of school. The Kenyan villager wants to make sure nobody else has to wait that long.I'm guessing from his photo that he didn't enroll to become a beautician. If he drops out of school he could always become a human wood chipper.
The 85-year-old man, billed as the world's oldest elementary school pupil, toured Manhattan Tuesday to promote a global campaign urging assistance for an estimated 100 million children denied an education because of poverty.
Can you imagine the look on the kids faces when this creature walks through the doors on the first day? This guy could scare paint off of a wall.
At the U.N., Kimani delivered 100,000 paper cutout figures, representing those children kept out of school.100,000 cutouts? What a waste of paper. Do you think maybe you could have proven your point with 1000 cutouts? Or even one cutout with the words "this represents all the kids who can't go to school". But 100,000? That's a little excessive, especially from a guy who comes from a country where most people don't even know what paper is.
Anyway, I'm happy for him and I wish him the best. I just hope that the kids don't pick on him and make his life miserable, kids can be very mean, you know. Yup, there sure isn't any news worth a shit today, just crap about old students.
Article here.
Submit this post to ... StumbleUpon | Digg | del.icio.us
<< Home