Origins Friday
My apologies for the lack of posts yesterday, I went out on a business meeting, got way too drunk, and by the time I got home it was time to wake up and get back out to city hall. Although I can't tell you who my meeting was with yesterday, let's just say he's a famous director of a series of very successful horror movies that have proven to be quite popular the last 5 or so years. Of all the funny/interesting things that happened last night, this was my favourite. At one point, I said to director guy, "Why don't you go and get us a few drinks (there were 5 of us)". He said he usually has someone get him drinks, not the other way around. So I said, "Well, you're not in Kansas any more, Dorothy, so get a move on before I show your ass my size 11". All the people around us laughed, I laughed, the next table laughed, I'm pretty sure even God laughed. But as for director boy? No laugh. But he did fetch us drinks, just like he should.
It's good to see MACCO back. What MACCO doesn't know is, I had Fenris install a chip in his brain so I know where MACCO is 24/7/365 on a leap year. I just wanted to make sure he was telling me the truth when I called him out last week. And he was, so all is good.
Last week, Rob Huck captured the title as the MindTrap Friday Smarty Panted Winner. Andy has left a legacy around these parts, and I know he'll be back, but it seemed like old times for a few days with Rob Huck standing on the podium, accepting his fake gold medal. Good job, Rob, good job indeed.
This week, I have a twist to the Friday trivia game. This week I bring you "Origins". It's fun, it's interesting, it breathes out its nose (???). The idea is simple: Figure out the answer or origin on the question. Let's get at 'er:
1) This dwelling, originally woven out of plaited twigs, was built out of fear of those that inhabited it.Question 4 may seem hard, but study it for a few more seconds and everything will come into focus. Hahaha, just kidding.
2) All pharmaceutical prescriptions use this mark which means, "take" in Latin.
3)In the late 1500's, Peter Bales of England wrote a Bible so small it could be squeezed into a walnut. This cliche is used when conveying the combined version of a situation.
4) This apparel, which received its notability in the American wild west, originated in Nimes, France. In French, it is quite suitably called, "de nimes".
There will be so much blogging on these pages this weekend that it will completely blow what's left of your bong residued mind. Check in and say hi. Come for the laughter, but stay for the hospitality. Wow, that was really nice of me, I guess hangovers bring out the best in The Mayor.
Labels: MindTrap Friday
Submit this post to ... StumbleUpon | Digg | del.icio.us
<< Home