The Mayor's Dominion Day Special Message
Last night after Andy and I finished putting up a retaining wall at The Manor, we decided to get some down time, so we went to the Dominion Day celebrations at the Mitchieville waterfront area for some *free hot dogs* and a wonderful *free* fireworks display. Even though Andy was a complete pig and wolfed down 6 hot dogs in about 4 minutes, I smiled and let it pass (He's a great worker, I don't want to lose the labour).We were watching the fireworks display, I, sitting in a specially made leather fold out camping chair, and Andy sitting on an apple box, I started thinking about how great it is to be a Mitchievillian.
I thought of a thousand good things about being a Mitchievillian, but then I started to think of the evil that was lurking around the corner that will one day kill us all (possibly next week, three months max) if we don't radically alter every facet of our lives: Global warming.
I looked out over Lake Watchamacallit and thought that if we don't start driving more fuel efficient cars, the Lake Watchamacallit will rise 20' in the next few years and wipe out the most pristine area in Canada (I'm talking about Mitchieville now)
I zipped up my double layered wool jacket and put my hoodie up past my ears and thought that if we as a global society don't subscribe to Kyoto and pay thousands of dollars more in environmental taxes, the world will get so hot I'll be able to fry an egg on Andy's massive scalp.
As I put on my pair of triple insulated Thinsulate gloves, I pondered why more people don't recycle, we are a society of wasteful Nellies, don't these people know that Lake Winnipeg is about to boil over?
As Andy adjusted my goose-down filled earmuffs, the first fireworks went off and it occurred to me that if we just paid a little more in taxes, we could use that money for special programs to protect the environment. Maybe we could plant more trees in Zimbabwe. Yes, that would help.
As Andy and I huddled together in my wool/fleece mix, double layered, bound in gortex, fur-lined blanket, the finale to the fireworks show started. I once again thought of the environment and how hot it has become on momma earth, and a small tear tricked down my most manly face and into my English Toffee cappuchino. I fear for our planet, and sometimes I feel I'm the only one that really cares.
True story, send Fenris money.
Submit this post to ... StumbleUpon | Digg | del.icio.us
<< Home