Friday Night Blues and Beer at Mitchieville
For the past 70 + weeks our brother blogger Darcey over at Dust My Broom has hosted the popular “Friday Night Blues and Beer”. After an attack on his ISP this week (see here and here)Darcey won’t be able to host the popular FNB&B tonight. I think the blogging community needs to know the truth, Mitch and I were the people behind the attack. I suppose you all deserve an explanation why.I’m sure some of the more paranoid female contributors at Mitchieville will attribute our ISP attack on DMB as punishment for Darcey supporting her campaign to de-throne Mitch, but that would be wrong. The real reason why can be summed up in a few words – Darcey is racist. Don’t believe me? Tell me then, when is the last time FNB&B featured Scandinavian music? The answer: never!
Until Darcey apologizes for his blatant anti-Scandinavian prejudices in the musical selections he makes for FNB&B the ISP attacks will continue. To fill the void on Friday nights, and make reparations for Darcey’s blatant prejudice, Mitchieville is proud to introduce our new Friday night feature: 'Friday Night ABBA and Absinthe'. Grab your slotted spoons, crank the volume to eleven, and we will see you on the inside.
Friday Night ABBA and Absinthe
The Booze:
No longer just for brooding Russian writers and dead-beat French artists the mystical absinthe has been enjoying a renaissance of sorts the past few years. Long banned by the puritanical nanny state that is the great satan, our American readers can now legally purchase absinthe after the FDA allowed it’s sale again this past spring. I have a theory that the FDA agreed to allow absinthe sales again in order to help Americans forget the past seven years but I have no proof to back that up. Friends of mine who have gotten trashed drinking absinthe have described the experience as "weird", "trippy" and "fucking brutal". Getting blottoed on absinthe will help you enjoy our musical entertainment for the night.
The Music: Before ‘Ace of Base’, ‘The Hives’, and ‘Roxette’, Sweden’s contribution to modern music popular was the foursome known the world round as ABBA. While some question the bands popularity throughout the years all I’ve ever questioned is how two guys that ugly could have bagged the hotties they did before they became rich and famous. Our first song of the night is a perennial Mitchieville favourite and an ABBA mega hit:
By request of Fenris Badwulf we have ABBA’s take on one of histories great turning point battles:
This song is for a certain someone I have my eye on (PS - call me!):
Will Darcey apologize? Will FNA&A be back next week? Will I ever go out on a date again? So many questions unanswered, thank Set there is a whole lot of ABBA out there to keep this feature going for weeks and months to come.
Labels: Music, Team Mitchieville, YouTube
Submit this post to ... StumbleUpon | Digg | del.icio.us
<< Home