Think Globally, Act Locally, and Demand Handouts!

Friday, May 02, 2008

MindTrap Friday

A few days ago I dedicated a post to the contest I told you I was going to start today. I promised prizes and fun, excitement and jollity. Well, guess what? I can't start the contest today.

I know some of you are thinking in your head that you KNEW the contest wasn't going to start today, that you had a FEELING we wouldn't be starting today. Let me tell you something: that attitude of yours is unbecoming and I'm ashamed of you this morning.

Let's quickly run down my list to see if everything is ready: questions--check, prizes--check, excitement & jollity--check, pictures of the prizes stored on my laptop that's at work and I have to catch a flight to Vancouver in 2 hours--check.

That last line speaks volumes and The Mayor isn't happy. I'm not happy that the pictures I have of the prizes are on my laptop at work, but I'm pissed that I have to go to Vancouver--for the day--even more.

We'll do this thing next week, God willing. For now, I'll just announce last week's winners and give you a few lame questions to get you through.

The Daily Bayonet and Todd from Australia (oy) won again. Yup, nothing new, they just keep on winning. They are like the Maple Leafs, they just don't know how to lose.

To you, good sirs, I award you the Smarty Panted Winner(s) of the Week. Grammatically that was a doozy, but then again, if you are reading what I type on a daily basis, you are most likely use to semi-retardation by now.

We need questions, we need questions, we need questions to fill us up and send us on our waaaaaaaaaaay. Frank Sinatra, I believe. Forget that nonsense, let's git 'er dun
1) Two Dogs thought it might be nice to join the army, so he went to the local library to find a book on volunteers. While walking along the row of books, he sees one with VOLIX written on its spine. How should the title of this book be pronounced?

2) There are two books sitting side by side, each consisting of exactly 100 pages. The book on the left is upside-down. If you add the page number at the extreme left-hand side of the left-hand book of the page number at the extreme-right side of the right-hand book, what is the total?

3) Aaron owns a very valuable diamond that he keeps in a wooded box in his tent. The box is covered with a sliding wooden lid. Inside the box is a snake that has a poisoness bite so deadly it will kill a man instantly. Steyr broke into Aaron's tent one morning and within moments he had stolen the diamond. Steyr did not touch the snake in any way, nor did he wear any protection on his hands. After Steyr had left, the box was intact and the snake unharmed. How was Steyr able to remove the diamond from the box without any special tools or help?
I will be amazed if anyone goes 3/3 this week.

Good luck to all participants, and sorry for the cock-up, but I swear on everything pure that next week this contest will move ahead or my name isn't Reg...I mean, The Mayor.

Labels: MindTrap Friday

posted by The Mayor at 6:58 AM

|

Submit this post to ... StumbleUpon | Digg | del.icio.us


<< Home

Contributors

  • command economy
  • Reg
  • The Mayor
  • Fenris Badwulf
Donations To The Christian Children's Fund
  • Click HERE and see why.

Best Canadian Blog The 2007 Weblog Awards Mitchieville Kicks Ass!

Previous Posts

  • Brothers In Arms
  • I Stabbed A Mall Walker Just To Watch Him Die
  • Lawmakers Consider Fast Food Tax
  • James Brown and Luciano Pavarotti
  • Was Cher (tea) Bagging Tom Cruise?
  • The Mayor's Linkie Love
  • Ecuador--Shit Ya!
  • Church's Chicken Goes To The Dogs
  • Sean Avery Has Been Hospitalized, And I Have New S...
  • Gary Coleman's Marriage Is In A Little Trouble
    • Mitchieville Cabinet

    • Campaign Manager
    • Re-Educationer-Fenris Badwulf
    • House Leaders
    • Parliamentary Chef
    • Defence Minister
    • Finance Minister
    • Native Affairs
    • Munitions - Reg
    • Culture & Arts
    • Information Minister
    • Environment Minister
    • Womyn's Affairs
    • Religious Affairs
    • Senate

    • Cannuckistan Chronicles
    • Florida Cracker
    • The Leather Penguin
    • Marginalized ACTION Dinosaur
    • Mean Ol' Meanie
    • Backbenchers

    • 49th Parallel
    • Angry
    • Attu
    • Battle of Ontario
    • Blazing Cat Fur
    • Blog Quebecois
    • Catprint in the Mash
    • Dangerous Logic
    • Don Surber
    • Dr Mookie Love
    • Enig-Mac
    • Enjoy Every Sandwich
    • Grant Miller Media
    • Grouchy Old Cripple
    • Ice Princess
    • Kathy Shadle
    • Keyser Söze
    • Knowledge is Power
    • Last Of The Few
    • Limits of Respectability
    • Loganotron
    • Mean Ol' Meanie
    • Mugs
    • OMMAG
    • Proud To Be Canadian
    • Rumcorps
    • Right off The Shore
    • Samantha Burns
    • Six Meat Buffet
    • Small Dead Animals
    • Steamboat McGoo
    • Taylor & Company
    • The Digital Brownshirt
    • The Drunken Stepfather
    • The Halls of Macadamia
    • The Last Amazon
    • The Daily Bayonet
    • Wonder Woman
    • Enemies of the State

    • Commissar Suvorov
    • dmorris
    • Dmorris
    • Lisa
    • DINO
    • dmorris
    • Reg
    • dmorris
    • Fenris
    • dmorris
    • Political Prisoners

    • Jack’s Newswatch
    • Purple Tory
    • The Black Rod
    • The Trusty Tory
    • Unambiguously Ambidextrous
    • Humor

      Powered by Blogger


      Mitchieville is worth $100,000,000.00.
      and your blog isn't.


    All content property of The Mayor, unless otherwise noted. This is under a creative commons license.

    Subscribe with Bloglines

    stats count