Think Globally, Act Locally, and Demand Handouts!

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Sean Avery Has Been Hospitalized, And I Have New Shoes

Sean Avery was admitted to hospital yesterday after lacerating his spleen during a playoff loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins. I care so little about Sean Avery that instead of commenting on this article, I will tell you about the pair of shoes I bought last weekend in Buffalo:
Avery, whose spleen was not removed and isn't expected to need surgery, likely will be hospitalized for a few days, team spokesman John Rosasco said.
I went to Buffalo with my legitmate children and TLDG last Saturday to basically get away for the day, and to have dinner at Ponderosa. Man, I miss not having a Ponderosa in Mitchieville. We all went to Kohl's to have a boo, and I decided to have a look in the shoe department. What I saw amazed me:
Michael Fagan, spokesman for St. Vincent's Medical Center, said Avery is in "stable" condition.
They had dress shoes on sale, 80% off! And not only that, the shoes that I liked, made in Italy none-the-less, were an additional 50% off the 80% off. So, a pair of shoes that were regularly $150, were only $15. Holy crap on a stick. But would they have my size?
"He walked into the hospital," Rosasco said. "He was never in a life-threatening situation."
Sure enough, they had a size 11 in the style that I love: flat front, jet black, 100% wop leather with cushioned sole. Hell, I would have taken 10 pair had they more of my size, but alas, they didn't:
The 28-year-old will be out for the remainder of the season, the Rangers said, but is expected to make a full recovery.
When we were coming back to Mitchieville, crossing the border, the guard asked me what I had to declare, so I told him of my good fortune. He told me I had scored, and that lady luck was on my side. He sure was right, I was feeling on top of the world.

Unlike Sean Avery, who is nothing more that a busted up goon with a fucked spleen.

Man, I really love these shoes, they are so comfortable

posted by The Mayor at 2:22 PM

|

Submit this post to ... StumbleUpon | Digg | del.icio.us


<< Home

Contributors

  • command economy
  • Reg
  • The Mayor
  • Fenris Badwulf
Donations To The Christian Children's Fund
  • Click HERE and see why.

Best Canadian Blog The 2007 Weblog Awards Mitchieville Kicks Ass!

Previous Posts

  • Gary Coleman's Marriage Is In A Little Trouble
  • The Mayor Offers Choices
  • Trivia Tuesday, April 29, 2008
  • America's Most Liberal & Conservative Cities Are?
  • Are You A Racist?
  • Mitchieville's Mugshot Of The Week
  • Piece Of Art Or Piece Of Shit?
  • Stupid Idiot Women Have Great Sex
  • What's In The Mayor's Lunch Today?
  • Horoscope for the week of April 27,2008
    • Mitchieville Cabinet

    • Campaign Manager
    • Re-Educationer-Fenris Badwulf
    • House Leaders
    • Parliamentary Chef
    • Defence Minister
    • Finance Minister
    • Native Affairs
    • Munitions - Reg
    • Culture & Arts
    • Information Minister
    • Environment Minister
    • Womyn's Affairs
    • Religious Affairs
    • Senate

    • Cannuckistan Chronicles
    • Florida Cracker
    • The Leather Penguin
    • Marginalized ACTION Dinosaur
    • Mean Ol' Meanie
    • Backbenchers

    • 49th Parallel
    • Angry
    • Attu
    • Battle of Ontario
    • Blazing Cat Fur
    • Blog Quebecois
    • Catprint in the Mash
    • Dangerous Logic
    • Don Surber
    • Dr Mookie Love
    • Enig-Mac
    • Enjoy Every Sandwich
    • Grant Miller Media
    • Grouchy Old Cripple
    • Ice Princess
    • Kathy Shadle
    • Keyser Söze
    • Knowledge is Power
    • Last Of The Few
    • Limits of Respectability
    • Loganotron
    • Mean Ol' Meanie
    • Mugs
    • OMMAG
    • Proud To Be Canadian
    • Rumcorps
    • Right off The Shore
    • Samantha Burns
    • Six Meat Buffet
    • Small Dead Animals
    • Steamboat McGoo
    • Taylor & Company
    • The Digital Brownshirt
    • The Drunken Stepfather
    • The Halls of Macadamia
    • The Last Amazon
    • The Daily Bayonet
    • Wonder Woman
    • Enemies of the State

    • Commissar Suvorov
    • dmorris
    • Dmorris
    • Lisa
    • DINO
    • dmorris
    • Reg
    • dmorris
    • Fenris
    • dmorris
    • Political Prisoners

    • Jack’s Newswatch
    • Purple Tory
    • The Black Rod
    • The Trusty Tory
    • Unambiguously Ambidextrous
    • Humor

      Powered by Blogger


      Mitchieville is worth $100,000,000.00.
      and your blog isn't.


    All content property of The Mayor, unless otherwise noted. This is under a creative commons license.

    Subscribe with Bloglines

    stats count