Psychologically Teabagged By Alex Trebek
Please phrase your answer in the form of loud, hurtful laughter:So here I am, calling out questions and watching the scores increase as these incredibly smart young women rally to get into the semis. They cleared the board and waited eagerly as the categories for Double Jeopardy were announced. While I can only remember one in retrospect (and you’ll see why it’s the impetus for this article), the line-up featured the typical topics, and the announcing went something like this: Potpourri, Famous Americans, Starts With ‘S’, Balls, Abbreviations… Wait, what? Balls? Yes, Balls. Balls. Balls was one of the categories in Double Jeopardy for a panel of three female contestants during the 2008 Teen Tournament.This London IndyMedia post said "Mitchieville" in so many ways. Read the whole thing and resolve never to give one more inch to a bluenose feminist when it comes to entertaining such hysterical fantasies.
As many feminists, anti-racists, and other –ists may tell you, our Western world is one in which outrageous situations/comments/behaviours/etc. can and do get our backs up around every corner. For this reason, it’s always beneficial to pause, take a breath, and then ask, Did that really happen? Is this as upsetting as I think it is? At least that’s something I do to try and keep from flying off the handle for only the must justifiable of reasons. In this case, I paused, took a breath, and thought, Wtf? Yes, this is that upsetting.
Labels: Earth Hour, environment, global warming
Submit this post to ... StumbleUpon | Digg | del.icio.us
<< Home