What The Hell Am I?

Last week, Mitchievillian's once again showed what they are made of. And I don't mean sugar and spice, I mean blood and skin and bones...and a brain as big as a chimps.
Aaron, who is my friend from Wisconsin, who I once did a podcast with many moons ago, Emily, Kton and Larry (who may be writing at Darcey's, unless this is another Larry) all answered thylacine (Tazmanian tiger), which is correct.
Imagine, up until last week, I thought thylacine was a vitamin in Frosted Flakes. I love this whole knowledge thing, it pretty much rocks.
This week I have an animal, a bird actually, that upon first glance may freak young children and old ladies out. I'm not as ease looking at this creature, but who am I to say, everything is beautiful in the eyes of God. Proving, that God has a sense of humour.
This is a very large bird, averaging 1.2 m (4 ft) tall, 5.6 kg (12.3 lbs) and 2.33 m (7.7 ft) across the wings. The adult is mainly grey, the juveniles are browner. It lives in tropical east Africa, in large swamps from Sudan to Zambia.So, what the hell am I?
This bird was added rather recently to the ornithological lists; the species was only discovered in the 19th century when some skins were brought to Europe. It was not until years later that live specimens reached the scientific community. The bird was known to both ancient Egyptians and Arabs however.
Labels: What The Hell Am I?
Submit this post to ... StumbleUpon | Digg | del.icio.us
<< Home