The Re-Count

This is the night that everyone has been waiting for, the night of a thousand knives...potentially.
Lisa, Fenris and I have decided that when all the votes are counted tonight, whoever wins, wins. There will be no more re-counts, all the cards are on the table. I'll be the first to admit that I'm a tiny bit scared, a little bit nervous, but most of all I'm really drunk. Yup, bin drinkin' since noon.
I'm here at City Hall with Fenris and Lisa as well as throngs of people, all waiting to experience this most historic event. This is drama, folks, pure, unadulterated drama.
It looks as though the results are in. They will now be read:
"The votes have been re-tabulated and we are 100% confident in the final tally".
Lisa 3989
Fenris 3990
The Mayor 3988.
"Fenris Badwulf is the new Mayor of Mitchieville!"
Wow.
Just, wow.
I'm a man of my word, I said that when all the votes are counted I would abide by the final tally. And I will.
Congratulations, Fenris. I'll clear out my desk in the morning.
There is a saying that people always get the government they deserve. Well, may God have mercy on all your souls.
Submit this post to ... StumbleUpon | Digg | del.icio.us
<< Home