The Mayor Ponders...Music
TLDG and I were painting a spare bedroom today, hired help on a long weekend is very hard to find, and we decided to listen to some tunes as we painted. TLDG asked which station I wanted to listen to, but seeing as though I don't listen to contemporary music, just talk radio, I told her to put on whatever she likes.TLDG decided to put on the first station that came up. It happened to be a pop music station, and the first song that came up was a dance song. After the song finished, TLDG asked me what I thought of it. I told her that I hated it, it was pure crap, unlistenable and complete formula, written for mass appeal, no originality, just garbage.
TLDG then asked me what I thought of the singer. I told her that the broad who sang the tune sounded like every other singing broad out there. Again, she was unoriginal, uninspiring and plain boring. TLDG then told me that it was actually Justin Timberlake.
You would think that I would be shocked by that, but truth be told, it didn't surprise me at all. I can honestly say that was the first Justin Timberlake song I have ever heard. He always struck me as a little bitch, why wouldn't his singing be any different than his feminine personality.
It seems many male singers today sound like little girls. Sure, they can dance, but if you're a real man, the importance of dancing comes just under the importance of professionally manicured nails and picking out just the right wine cooler to go with your tofu stir fry.
A real man actually plays a musical instrument, possibly sings, and never hits notes where it sounds like someone just pulled out their pubic hair with a pair of tweezers.
Real men don't drone on and on and on about how some girlie broke their heart, real men don't have hearts. Real men have enlarged fatty corpuscles and blocked arteries due to drinking too much grog and eating fried, fatty foods. Real men have feelings, but would never dare think to display them for public consumption.
Real men sing about trucks and booze and broads named Sally. Justin Timberlake dances and sings like a girl named Sally. So you tell me, is he a real man or just a Sally-girl?
Labels: The Mayor Ponders
Submit this post to ... StumbleUpon | Digg | del.icio.us
<< Home