Think Globally, Act Locally, and Demand Handouts!

Friday, November 24, 2006

A Late Night MindTrap Friday

The Little Danish Girl and I were at the Red Lobster tonight, eating snow crab and having a sweetie-pie of a night, when I remembered that for the first time in about 9 months I forgot to post MindTrap Friday. How I forgot something so important as that is beyond me. I was very upset when I remembered what I forgot, I could hardly eat the 1.5 pounds of snow crab I had in front of me. Don't get me wrong, I did eat it all, and it was great, but I was never-the-less pained with worry.

Here are the answers from last weeks MindTrap Friday:
1) The small town was Barrow in Alaska, the northernmost town in the United States. When the sun sets there in the middle of November, it does not rise again for 65 days. That allowed plenty of time for the boy to grow a beard before the next sunrise.
The lovely and talented Rob Huck, yes, I said lovely and talented, Elzbth, who is also lovely and talented, perhaps even more lovely than the lovely Rob Huck, Darren, who puts Rob and Elzbth to shame when it comes to being lovely, Trav, who has cornered the market on lovely, and the dashing, yet lovely, MechEng, all answered correctly.
The man had an identical twin brother with who the lady had recently fallen in love.
Darren was the only person to answer that correctly. Although, everyone else gets high-fives and giant kudo's for your remarkably insanely well thought out ideas.
She realized that she was still wearing the new gold watch which her husband had given her for their silver wedding anniversary. It was not waterproof.
No one answered that correctly, mainly because the answer is completely ridiculous.
In this true incident, the wife had hidden her best jewelry inside her freezer in a bag among all the frozen food. Because of a general power failure the freezer had gone off. A friendly neighbour (who had a key in order to water the plants) had tried to be helpful by throwing out all the bad food— and with it went the jewelry.
Rob Huck and the MechEng were both correct, meaning that Rob, Darren, and the MechEng are the *MindTrap Late Friday Night heteronormative giant brains of the week* winners.

Seriously, I need to come up with a better name for the winners.

I'm going to mix it up a bit for the next few weeks. Starting today, and every day for the next few weeks, or until I get sick of doing this, I am going to ask 1 MindTrap/MENSA question every day. The person(s) who answer the most questions correctly after the two, possibly three weeks, will be the winner. The winner will receive incredible gifts and will be named *MindTrap/Mensa heteronormative/homonormative giant brain winner of the year in Mitchieville*

Have I mentioned I really need a better title for the winner? I have a few prizes in mind, this should be worth a hoot or two.

So, here is the first of many questions...oh, and if you don't know the answer, don't do what Lisa does and cheat off a fellow Mitchievillian. Although, I know you would never do that cuz you're so honest.

Here is question #1:
The Danish government issues all the staff in one government department free biscuits every morning. The biscuits are not for the staff's own consumption, but are given away for their own protection. Why does the government do this?
I looked at the answer, it's positively stupid. You'll have to come up with some serious lateral thinking to get this dog of a question correct.

Good luck, Mitchievillian's!

Thanks to Use My Computer for the beautiful pic

posted by The Mayor at 8:49 PM

|

Submit this post to ... StumbleUpon | Digg | del.icio.us


<< Home

Contributors

  • command economy
  • Reg
  • The Mayor
  • Fenris Badwulf
Donations To The Christian Children's Fund
  • Click HERE and see why.

Best Canadian Blog The 2007 Weblog Awards Mitchieville Kicks Ass!

Previous Posts

  • Obscene Interiors
  • The Thousand Word Picture
  • Lindsay Lohan is S-M-R-T
  • Big Brother Bids Big For K-Fed
  • Campaign Notebook
  • Heather Mills McCartney
  • Ku Klux Kramer Hires *Crisis Expert*
  • Big Doctor is the answer
  • Poetry that makes me cry
  • Rosie O'Donnell and Kelly Ripa Make Nice
    • Mitchieville Cabinet

    • Campaign Manager
    • Re-Educationer-Fenris Badwulf
    • House Leaders
    • Parliamentary Chef
    • Defence Minister
    • Finance Minister
    • Native Affairs
    • Munitions - Reg
    • Culture & Arts
    • Information Minister
    • Environment Minister
    • Womyn's Affairs
    • Religious Affairs
    • Senate

    • Cannuckistan Chronicles
    • Florida Cracker
    • The Leather Penguin
    • Marginalized ACTION Dinosaur
    • Mean Ol' Meanie
    • Backbenchers

    • 49th Parallel
    • Angry
    • Attu
    • Battle of Ontario
    • Blazing Cat Fur
    • Blog Quebecois
    • Catprint in the Mash
    • Dangerous Logic
    • Don Surber
    • Dr Mookie Love
    • Enig-Mac
    • Enjoy Every Sandwich
    • Grant Miller Media
    • Grouchy Old Cripple
    • Ice Princess
    • Kathy Shadle
    • Keyser Söze
    • Knowledge is Power
    • Last Of The Few
    • Limits of Respectability
    • Loganotron
    • Mean Ol' Meanie
    • Mugs
    • OMMAG
    • Proud To Be Canadian
    • Rumcorps
    • Right off The Shore
    • Samantha Burns
    • Six Meat Buffet
    • Small Dead Animals
    • Steamboat McGoo
    • Taylor & Company
    • The Digital Brownshirt
    • The Drunken Stepfather
    • The Halls of Macadamia
    • The Last Amazon
    • The Daily Bayonet
    • Wonder Woman
    • Enemies of the State

    • Commissar Suvorov
    • dmorris
    • Dmorris
    • Lisa
    • DINO
    • dmorris
    • Reg
    • dmorris
    • Fenris
    • dmorris
    • Political Prisoners

    • Jack’s Newswatch
    • Purple Tory
    • The Black Rod
    • The Trusty Tory
    • Unambiguously Ambidextrous
    • Humor

      Powered by Blogger


      Mitchieville is worth $100,000,000.00.
      and your blog isn't.


    All content property of The Mayor, unless otherwise noted. This is under a creative commons license.

    Subscribe with Bloglines

    stats count