Think Globally, Act Locally, and Demand Handouts!

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

A Random Interview

I decided to hit the streets of Mitchieville yesterday and conduct my own poll, to see what issues surrounding the highly contested Mayor of Mitchieville race are most important to the good citizens. I also thought I could gauge public opinion and see who the *average Joe* intends on voting for.

I interviewed 75 people yesterday, and every person said they intended on voting for me, The Mayor. The last person I interviewed, shown in picture, was a fantastic indicator as to how and what the good and gracious people of Mitchieville are thinking. This is Latitia Mendoza, let's get inside her brain.

The Mayor--As a Mitchievillian, what are your biggest concerns?

Latitia--Hmmmmm, considering that crime is non-existent in Mitchieville, there are no homeless on the streets, the tax rate is extremely low, we have garbage pick-up twice a week, and the streets are always clean, I'll have to say my biggest concern is that The Mayor won't win and he'll be replaced by either one of the two inept, pathetic, and somewhat greasy candidates running against him.

The Mayor--What would you say are The Mayor's greatest strengths?

Latitia--He is a forward-thinker who makes smart decisions based on fact and need, he really has his ear to the ground and understands the concerns of Mitchievillian's. You can trust The Mayor, he is a man of his word. He won't back down in the face of pressure, he is calm, cool and collective, a real beacon of hope to us all. He is witty, wise and has tremendous foresight. He is a man with a vision and a will, a man that has only one concern: the betterment of all Mitchievillian's.

The Mayor--Fair enough. What are his weaknesses?

Latitia--If he has any, I can't find them.

The Mayor--Fair enough. However, if you could change just one thing about me, if you could just make one minor tweak, what would that be?

Latitia--I suppose you could stand to be less handsome. It's very hard for the woman-folk of Mitchieville to concentrate on daily activities when all we can think about is the picture of The Mayor washing his car with his shirt off, his manly chest glistening with the water droplets falling off his ripped body. All we can think about is you taking us and throwing us down on the ground, ripping our clothes off and sexing us up until we scream in foreign languages.

The Mayor--Nice try, but I don't wash my own car, that's why I have servants.

Latitia--I respect that, anyone would be lucky to be your servant.

The Mayor--You got that right, sister. Now let's make love.

Latitia--In my mind I already have.

So there you have it. I'm not worried about the direction of this campaign, I feel as if I'm in complete control. Fake and phony polls don't scare me, the wise folkage of Mitchieville will make the right decision, just like Latitia, who I had never met up until that award-winning interview.

God bless the fine people's of Mitchieville. May the wind always be at their back.

Vote The Mayor, The People's Choice--December 25-2006

posted by The Mayor at 8:14 AM

|

Submit this post to ... StumbleUpon | Digg | del.icio.us


<< Home

Contributors

  • command economy
  • Reg
  • The Mayor
  • Fenris Badwulf
Donations To The Christian Children's Fund
  • Click HERE and see why.

Best Canadian Blog The 2007 Weblog Awards Mitchieville Kicks Ass!

Previous Posts

  • Moderate Drinking May Improve Memory
  • Madonna is Sick in the Head
  • Paris Shows Her Guns
  • That Was No Ordinary Protest Goon, That Was VP, ND...
  • Action, not Reaction.
  • Angelina Jolie is an Indian Giver
  • Look For The UTE-SEI Union Label At The Peace Prot...
  • Who is AP Referring To?
  • On the campaign trail
  • Horoscope for the week of October 29, 2006
    • Mitchieville Cabinet

    • Campaign Manager
    • Re-Educationer-Fenris Badwulf
    • House Leaders
    • Parliamentary Chef
    • Defence Minister
    • Finance Minister
    • Native Affairs
    • Munitions - Reg
    • Culture & Arts
    • Information Minister
    • Environment Minister
    • Womyn's Affairs
    • Religious Affairs
    • Senate

    • Cannuckistan Chronicles
    • Florida Cracker
    • The Leather Penguin
    • Marginalized ACTION Dinosaur
    • Mean Ol' Meanie
    • Backbenchers

    • 49th Parallel
    • Angry
    • Attu
    • Battle of Ontario
    • Blazing Cat Fur
    • Blog Quebecois
    • Catprint in the Mash
    • Dangerous Logic
    • Don Surber
    • Dr Mookie Love
    • Enig-Mac
    • Enjoy Every Sandwich
    • Grant Miller Media
    • Grouchy Old Cripple
    • Ice Princess
    • Kathy Shadle
    • Keyser Söze
    • Knowledge is Power
    • Last Of The Few
    • Limits of Respectability
    • Loganotron
    • Mean Ol' Meanie
    • Mugs
    • OMMAG
    • Proud To Be Canadian
    • Rumcorps
    • Right off The Shore
    • Samantha Burns
    • Six Meat Buffet
    • Small Dead Animals
    • Steamboat McGoo
    • Taylor & Company
    • The Digital Brownshirt
    • The Drunken Stepfather
    • The Halls of Macadamia
    • The Last Amazon
    • The Daily Bayonet
    • Wonder Woman
    • Enemies of the State

    • Commissar Suvorov
    • dmorris
    • Dmorris
    • Lisa
    • DINO
    • dmorris
    • Reg
    • dmorris
    • Fenris
    • dmorris
    • Political Prisoners

    • Jack’s Newswatch
    • Purple Tory
    • The Black Rod
    • The Trusty Tory
    • Unambiguously Ambidextrous
    • Humor

      Powered by Blogger


      Mitchieville is worth $100,000,000.00.
      and your blog isn't.


    All content property of The Mayor, unless otherwise noted. This is under a creative commons license.

    Subscribe with Bloglines

    stats count