Whitey need Not Apply
More specifically, white men need not apply:
I want you to make sure you understand this correctly, only non-white males are disadvantaged. You may be thinking that even though you don't have two nickels to rub together, you are part of the elite. Does this not make you feel better now?
Wouldn't it be embarrassing to you if you were a visible minority and you were given a job, not because of your brains, but because you weren't white? Wouldn't you feel inferior. Would it not make you feel that white men are far smarter than you?
I'm not sure why we have racial quota's in Canada. Racial quota's are to level the playing field between whitey and visible minorities, but it sure seems to work the other way. I know not of one company that has ever discriminated against someone because of the colour of their skin. And that's not because gov't policy told them to hire non-whitey, that's because business owners try to hire the best and brightest regardless of skin color. It's in their best interest.
I can't wait until my children are old enough where I have to explain racial quota's to them. It'll be hard to make them understand that why our gov't says we are all equal, that they are only entitled to a certain % of jobs because of the colour of their skin. I think I'm going to word it exactly like that, because that's exactly what racial quota's are: A quota limiting white men to ANY job.
Reverse racism here.
A major federal department has temporarily banned the hiring of able-bodied white men in an unusual move critics say could spark a backlash against the very disadvantaged groups it is meant to help.If you are a white male and currently hold a low paying job where by you struggle from paycheque to paycheque, you are not in a disadvantaged group, you are apparently in the *advantaged* group.
Managers in the Public Works department must hire only visible minorities, women, aboriginals and the disabled, except with written permission from their superiors, David Marshall, the deputy minister, ordered in an e-mail circulated yesterday.
I want you to make sure you understand this correctly, only non-white males are disadvantaged. You may be thinking that even though you don't have two nickels to rub together, you are part of the elite. Does this not make you feel better now?
The federal benchmark just for the hiring of visible minorities is one in five.If, as the government states, that visible minorities are 10.4% of our workforce, then why is government policy to hire 20% visible minorities? Isn't that over-representation? Is this to make up for the fact that white men have been really, really bad to minorities in the past? Is this to make up for the racism Canadians have had against, say, Sri Lankans and Ethiopians? Have we not been giving these people a fair shake? I suppose we haven't.
...but the percentage of visible minorities -- 7.8% -- was less than the 10.4% in the overall workforce.
Wouldn't it be embarrassing to you if you were a visible minority and you were given a job, not because of your brains, but because you weren't white? Wouldn't you feel inferior. Would it not make you feel that white men are far smarter than you?
I'm not sure why we have racial quota's in Canada. Racial quota's are to level the playing field between whitey and visible minorities, but it sure seems to work the other way. I know not of one company that has ever discriminated against someone because of the colour of their skin. And that's not because gov't policy told them to hire non-whitey, that's because business owners try to hire the best and brightest regardless of skin color. It's in their best interest.
I can't wait until my children are old enough where I have to explain racial quota's to them. It'll be hard to make them understand that why our gov't says we are all equal, that they are only entitled to a certain % of jobs because of the colour of their skin. I think I'm going to word it exactly like that, because that's exactly what racial quota's are: A quota limiting white men to ANY job.
Reverse racism here.
Submit this post to ... StumbleUpon | Digg | del.icio.us
<< Home