Caretaker Sues Over Ladder Accident
A school caretaker who fell off a 6' ladder is suing his employer, claiming that he wasn't properly trained in the art of ladder climbing:Anthony Gower-Smith says his bosses did not show him how to use the 6ft ladder safely, although he admits using others for at least 30 years without mishap.I know it may seem excessive, suing his employer for so much money, but I can sympathise with him, for I had a similar mishap a few years ago. I had not been trained on how to operate a stapler, and I managed to staple my face to a urinal in the teachers lounge.
Mr Gower-Smith, 73, fell while removing a card display and staples from a wall.
He fractured his skull, broke a cheekbone, split a kidney and spent time in the intensive care unit in nearby Southampton General Hospital.
I successfully sued for over 75 million dollars, however, I still hurt to this day. My face looks like a dartboard and whenever I laugh, the creases in my face open up and trickles of blood drip into my food products. Sure, laugh all you want, but until you can walk a mile in my urine-soaked shoes, I suggest you keep your mockish tone to yourself.
Climbing the ladder to financial freedom...
Submit this post to ... StumbleUpon | Digg | del.icio.us
<< Home