James Travers, news hound of the Toronto Star
Like most activists, I have access to a free subscription to The Toronto Star. It gives me a vast arsenal of politically correct things to say so that I can appear to be politically correct, which is good for my career in public service. And, lately, unlike most Toronto Star readers, I have been reading The Toronto Star. Today, Saturday, as I draw my double time hours, double up on pension contribution room, and wait for the supervisor who is off on vacation to Cuba, I have read this interesting column .
The point that interested me, as I sit getting paid to do nothing (and believe me, I do nothing well), is this pithy bit:
In the past, Liberals and (Progressive) Conservatives shared values and differed on policy.
Wow. So back before the demon Harper took over the Conservative party using black magic, back in living memory when Conservative supporters in Toronto were afraid to post election signs because of vandalism, back when Conservative supporters kept their lips zipped at work for fear of career damage, and back when Conservative supporters knew enough that drawing attention to corruption in the social services, unions, and the enforcement of laws
Here I thought that the brown shirt tactics of the collectivists were brown shirt tactics. Not so. Here, I could have been indulging in a brown shirt tactics too … it is a shared value. I can smear shit, just as shit was smeared.
Thank you, James Travers. This is the ‘double - O’ license that I was looking for. What your baby boomer collectivists have done unto me and mine, shall be done unto you. After all, we share the same values. Let the sharing begin .
The point that interested me, as I sit getting paid to do nothing (and believe me, I do nothing well), is this pithy bit:
In the past, Liberals and (Progressive) Conservatives shared values and differed on policy.
Wow. So back before the demon Harper took over the Conservative party using black magic, back in living memory when Conservative supporters in Toronto were afraid to post election signs because of vandalism, back when Conservative supporters kept their lips zipped at work for fear of career damage, and back when Conservative supporters knew enough that drawing attention to corruption in the social services, unions, and the enforcement of laws
Here I thought that the brown shirt tactics of the collectivists were brown shirt tactics. Not so. Here, I could have been indulging in a brown shirt tactics too … it is a shared value. I can smear shit, just as shit was smeared.
Thank you, James Travers. This is the ‘double - O’ license that I was looking for. What your baby boomer collectivists have done unto me and mine, shall be done unto you. After all, we share the same values. Let the sharing begin .
Submit this post to ... StumbleUpon | Digg | del.icio.us
<< Home