Is Exercise Healthy For You?
A new study from Northwestern University's Feinberg School of Medicine, has found a correlation between physical activity and maintaining a stable weight:Researchers examined data from over 2,600 participants in the Coronary Artery Risk Development in Young Adults (CARDIA) study to determine if high activity patterns over time were associated with maintaining a stable BMI.I'll be damned. So, if I'm reading this correctly, if you exercise regularly when you're young, and probably eat right, there is a good chance that you will not become obese in later years?
A consistently high level of physical activity from young adulthood into middle age increases the odds of maintaining a stable weight and lessens the amount of weight gained over time.
You could knock me down with a feather.
I've often thought that, but I've never had solid proof. Thank you $2.1 million dollar study!
Labels: For Your Health, RESEARCH
Submit this post to ... StumbleUpon | Digg | del.icio.us
<< Home