If I Could Save Time In A Bottle
After getting married on a Michigan beach August 18, Melody Kloska and Matt Behrs released a message in a bottle that contained their wedding vows. A few weeks later Fred and Lynnette Dubendorf found the bottle and read the note. That's not so strange, but this is:"I opened it and read it and said, `Oh, this is pretty cool, it's somebody's wedding vows,'" she said. "I thought, `Wow, how funny, we were married on the beach, too, and on the same day.'"Sure, it's pretty cool that the lady who found the note also got married on a beach. Sure, it's weird that the lady who found the note happened to have gotten married on the same day years earlier. But barr none, the most incredible thing about the whole story is that the lady found a message in a bottle in Lake Michigan and not a message in a bottle that was stuck to a sawed off hand, or a syringe in the bottle, or even a washed up body that was riddled by bullets.
She initially didn't plan to respond, thinking an answer would only encourage people to toss litter into the lake.
"Then I thought, `That's selfish, I really should respond,'" she said. So she wrote Kloska and Behrs to tell them of her discovery.
The letter read, "We thought you would want to know where your message in a bottle ended up! We picked it up on the beach between Pentwater and Silver Lake on Sept. 19. An ironic note, we were also married on the beach! Here in Michigan by Pentwater. Even more ironic, it was on August 18, 1979. We wish you both the best of luck in your new lives together."
Yes, miracles can happen. They happen every day.
Submit this post to ... StumbleUpon | Digg | del.icio.us
<< Home