Think Globally, Act Locally, and Demand Handouts!

Friday, November 10, 2006

MindTrap Friday

I haven't posted much this week, I've had that nasty cold that has been making the rounds. When I was single, I suffered colds for weeks on ends and I couldn't figure out why they took so long to get rid of. Now that I'm living with The Little Danish Girl I've finally figured everything out: If you want to get rid of a cold, don't drink gallons of whiskey, smoke packs of smokes, and eat cheeseburgers night and day. What you need to do in order to get rid of a cold is to get plenty of sleep, eat your vitamins, and drink tea with honey. Avoid dairy products and telemarketers.

I know that wasn't very funny, but I'm sure it was quite amusing. Do you feel amused? Did I amuse you? Really? I'm so glad, now let's get on to last week's answers to MindTrap Friday:
-1) The hummingbird can. Ann, from Heaven and Heck, Rob Huck, from Bumf, MechEng, Darren, Trav, My brotha from a different baby motha, RG, from Blog Idaho, Butch, and Scott, from LMNOP, all answered correctly.

1. Yes. From an airplane, with the plane's shadow directly in the centre. Ann, Rob, MechEng, and Butch all answered correctly.

2. The Australian and New Zealand Army Corps. Ann, Rob, Darren, Trav, RG, and Butch are all smarty-pants.

3. The ostrich. Rob, MechEng, Trav, RG, Butch, and Scott were right.

4. Nothing. They were chosen as a distress signal in Morse code because of their simplicity— three dots, three dashes, three dots. Ann, MechEng, RG, Butch, and I'll say Scott got that right, also.

5. Niagara Falls. The brink is receding about two and a half feet a year. Rob, MechEng, Darren, Butch, and Dave were right.

6. Shivering increases muscular action, thereby heightening the heat of the body. Ann, Rob, MechEng, Darren, Trav, RG, Butch, Dave and Scott all hit the nail on its stupid nail head.

7. The "high seas" are those lying beyond the territorial bounds of any nation. The word is used as in "highways" and means the chief seas belonging to everybody.
Ann, MechEng, Darren, Butch, and Dave answered correctly.

Which means that Butch is "MindTrap Friday's Huge Brain Heteronormative Male of the Week". I really need to find a better title for the winner. Butch answered all 7 questions correctly, and the really impressive part about Butch's victory is that he only read every other word to the questions yet still managed to get every last one of them correct. Butch, if I had any hands I would salute the hell out of you right now. Congratulations.

Here are this week's MindTrap questions:
1) While on vacation in Europe, Shadow was touring some of the ancient castles. The tour went up a long flight of stairs, until they came upon a huge wooden door. The guide pulled the door open and shone a light inside. There was a long shaft with four walls ending some 40 meters below. The guide explained that this room had served as a disposal system for those who were out of favour with the castle lord. As the group made their way back down the stairs, they heard a loud scream and a thud. Shadow and the guide ran back to find a suicide note pinned to the large wooden door. They swung the door open and shone a light down the shaft. A woman from the tour lay dead at the bottom. "This was no suicide," declared Shadow, "this was murder." How could he be so certain?

2) A man walked into a take-away pizza parlour. He ordered one deep-pan pizza with cheese, tomatoes, and double anchovies, one crispy pizza with asparagus, cheese and tuna, one house special with extra cheese, two portions of onion rings, a diet cola with ice, a diet cola without ice, a water, and an orange juice. The woman behind the counter served him and then said, "You are a plainclothes police officer, aren't you?" The man was indeed a plainclothes officer. He had never been in the pizza parlour before, and the woman didn't know him and had never seen him before, so how did she know what he did?

3)In a town in ancient Greece there was a law stating that all men must be clean-shaven and that no man might shave himself. The only person allowed to shave people was the licensed town barber (who was forty years old). There was only one barber. Since the barber was bound by the same law, who shaved the barber?

Bonus Question, or as I am now going to refer to it as, *Question 4* A father was speaking to his teenage daughter. "You arrived very late, at 3 o'clock in the morning, and you kept me and your mother up waiting anxiously for you. I do not want that to ever happen again."
"But, Father," the girl replied, "I will never be able to do that again." What did she mean?
I tried to find longer questions, but none existed.

It seems we had a few new players try out MindTrap Friday last week, and that made The Mayor very happy. I welcome all players to this wonderful game, it's nice to see new faces. Although, I can't see your face, and maybe if I did see your face it would be nothing to write home about, but you get my point none-the-less.

Anyone is welcome to play MindTrap Friday. We have commies and engineers, bakers and veterinarians, old people and women, pretty much all walks of life enjoy the hell out of this game.

And you will too.

Labels: MindTrap Friday

posted by The Mayor at 7:26 AM

|

Submit this post to ... StumbleUpon | Digg | del.icio.us


<< Home

Contributors

  • command economy
  • Reg
  • The Mayor
  • Fenris Badwulf
Donations To The Christian Children's Fund
  • Click HERE and see why.

Best Canadian Blog The 2007 Weblog Awards Mitchieville Kicks Ass!

Previous Posts

  • K-Fed The Fed-X is Fed-Up--MMM'K?
  • Denise Richards Teaches Computer Programming to th...
  • Scientists Discover Cause of Cot Death
  • Sucky Huggy
  • The Desperate Househag Report--Version 3.5
  • Beating the Homeless with Cudgels.
  • Britney Spears Files For Divorce
  • Gene Pool Ripples
  • Campaign Notebook
  • Vote for the Mayor
    • Mitchieville Cabinet

    • Campaign Manager
    • Re-Educationer-Fenris Badwulf
    • House Leaders
    • Parliamentary Chef
    • Defence Minister
    • Finance Minister
    • Native Affairs
    • Munitions - Reg
    • Culture & Arts
    • Information Minister
    • Environment Minister
    • Womyn's Affairs
    • Religious Affairs
    • Senate

    • Cannuckistan Chronicles
    • Florida Cracker
    • The Leather Penguin
    • Marginalized ACTION Dinosaur
    • Mean Ol' Meanie
    • Backbenchers

    • 49th Parallel
    • Angry
    • Attu
    • Battle of Ontario
    • Blazing Cat Fur
    • Blog Quebecois
    • Catprint in the Mash
    • Dangerous Logic
    • Don Surber
    • Dr Mookie Love
    • Enig-Mac
    • Enjoy Every Sandwich
    • Grant Miller Media
    • Grouchy Old Cripple
    • Ice Princess
    • Kathy Shadle
    • Keyser Söze
    • Knowledge is Power
    • Last Of The Few
    • Limits of Respectability
    • Loganotron
    • Mean Ol' Meanie
    • Mugs
    • OMMAG
    • Proud To Be Canadian
    • Rumcorps
    • Right off The Shore
    • Samantha Burns
    • Six Meat Buffet
    • Small Dead Animals
    • Steamboat McGoo
    • Taylor & Company
    • The Digital Brownshirt
    • The Drunken Stepfather
    • The Halls of Macadamia
    • The Last Amazon
    • The Daily Bayonet
    • Wonder Woman
    • Enemies of the State

    • Commissar Suvorov
    • dmorris
    • Dmorris
    • Lisa
    • DINO
    • dmorris
    • Reg
    • dmorris
    • Fenris
    • dmorris
    • Political Prisoners

    • Jack’s Newswatch
    • Purple Tory
    • The Black Rod
    • The Trusty Tory
    • Unambiguously Ambidextrous
    • Humor

      Powered by Blogger


      Mitchieville is worth $100,000,000.00.
      and your blog isn't.


    All content property of The Mayor, unless otherwise noted. This is under a creative commons license.

    Subscribe with Bloglines

    stats count