Immigrants Fired For Skipping Work
I was trying to explain to my older legitimate child the definition of *delicious irony* the other day. Maybe I'll just show him this article:
I feel sorry for these women though, a great travesty has befallen them. It's not their fault that they're in the country illegally. It's not their fault that they're stealing jobs from honest Americans. It's not their fault that they're screwing the system and stealing benefits only legal Americans should have.
Actually, let me think about that for a second.
Hose, can you see?
DETROIT -- Fifteen immigrant women who missed work to attend an immigrant rights rally last month have been fired.I really dig the new media speak, it's great. No longer is Pedro an illegal immigrant, but now he is merely an *undocumented worker*. It's as if Pedro's greatest crime was to forget his wallet when he went to work at IBM.
The general manager of a Detroit meat packing company said the women were warned they would lose their jobs if they skipped work on March 27.
All of the women are natives of Mexico. Many had worked at Wolverine Packing for several years, and some are undocumented immigrants.
I feel sorry for these women though, a great travesty has befallen them. It's not their fault that they're in the country illegally. It's not their fault that they're stealing jobs from honest Americans. It's not their fault that they're screwing the system and stealing benefits only legal Americans should have.
Actually, let me think about that for a second.
Hose, can you see?
Submit this post to ... StumbleUpon | Digg | del.icio.us
<< Home