Does the music you listen to make you spend more money at restaurants?
According to this British study it does:
The reason? When people hear classical music they suddenly think they are cultured and more affluent, and they don't mind spending more money.
Is there a downside? What a fantastic question, I see that you are very tuned into this post, I salute your brilliant question. Yes, there is a downside. When patrons get higher bills they tend to cheap out on the tip.
A tip should generally be 15 to 20% of the bill, before taxes, but when faced with a high bill, British patrons started leaving buttons and lint for tips. That's very un-British behaviour, I'm disturbed and sickened by it.
I suggest staying away from high priced restaurants, there really isn't any need to go there. When you have champagne tastes and only beer money, it's best to go to a restaurant where they know you well, and where they know how to cook your Big Mac just the way you like it.
Would you like fries with that, Madam?
A new study from British researchers at the University of Leicester and the University of Surrey concludes that when restaurants play classical music, diners are influenced to indulge more, specifically by buying fancy coffees, pricey wines, and luxurious desserts.Researchers alternated between classical, pop and silence for 18 consecutive nights at a British restaurant, and found that when classical music played, the patrons spent more money.
The reason? When people hear classical music they suddenly think they are cultured and more affluent, and they don't mind spending more money.
Is there a downside? What a fantastic question, I see that you are very tuned into this post, I salute your brilliant question. Yes, there is a downside. When patrons get higher bills they tend to cheap out on the tip.
A tip should generally be 15 to 20% of the bill, before taxes, but when faced with a high bill, British patrons started leaving buttons and lint for tips. That's very un-British behaviour, I'm disturbed and sickened by it.
I suggest staying away from high priced restaurants, there really isn't any need to go there. When you have champagne tastes and only beer money, it's best to go to a restaurant where they know you well, and where they know how to cook your Big Mac just the way you like it.
Would you like fries with that, Madam?
Labels: For Your Health, RESEARCH
Submit this post to ... StumbleUpon | Digg | del.icio.us
<< Home