The burning city
Those of you who scan the side bar of Dust My Broom * will happen upon the characteristic progressive blog of Doctor Dawg * . And the blog of Dawg is filled with outrage over the police action in Montreal . You can read the reports yourself and form your own opinions * * * .
Now, I happen to live in an area of Toronto that is a short walk to both a firehall, and to a pawn shop. A little further away is a an apartment complex that resembles the demographics of North Montreal. Since Toronto has a larger oppressed-Canadian population than Montreal, the probability that our Oppressed-Canadians will be provoked by the racist police to riot and burn is, well, a certainty. And Doctor Dawg will be cheering them on. Right, er, Left On, Doctor Dawg!
Personally, as much as I cheer on the public burning of fire halls, cars, and pawnshops, it pains me to think that the ones within five minutes walk of my home will be sacked. I would like to cheer on those attacking the local fire hall, but my lack of person of colour status puts me at a disadvantage. As far as being under privileged goes, I am under privileged. But if I wish the progressive credentials of such as Doctor Dawg, I must celebrate the sack of my own neighbourhood. Progressive credentials would help my career an awful lot, unless I want a job creating wealth, rather than re-distributing it. I could get a job at the Toronto Star, or in Even More Victim Studies at the University of Toronto, or become an enabler of Crack Addiction.
Such is the wisdom of progressives that they do not live in the communities that they serve. Much as police do not live in the communities where they serve because they are hated, progressives do not live in the communites in which they encourage hate. I prefer my home town to be peaceful and crime free. I want to live in a place like where I grew up: where the doors are left unlocked. My landlord, in celebration of diversity has put bars on the windows, just to keep the white privilege out. (Living in a safe neighbourhood is a sign of white privilege, don’t you know?) * .
Gosh darn, Doctor Dawg, I want to do the right, er, left thing and steal and burn. Maybe shoot someone in the head. What is a poor Bolshevik white boy to do? I need to be accommodated. I need to be appeased.
I, Fenris Badwulf, wrote this
xpd Mitchieville, DustMyBroom, Stormy Days of March
Now, I happen to live in an area of Toronto that is a short walk to both a firehall, and to a pawn shop. A little further away is a an apartment complex that resembles the demographics of North Montreal. Since Toronto has a larger oppressed-Canadian population than Montreal, the probability that our Oppressed-Canadians will be provoked by the racist police to riot and burn is, well, a certainty. And Doctor Dawg will be cheering them on. Right, er, Left On, Doctor Dawg!
Personally, as much as I cheer on the public burning of fire halls, cars, and pawnshops, it pains me to think that the ones within five minutes walk of my home will be sacked. I would like to cheer on those attacking the local fire hall, but my lack of person of colour status puts me at a disadvantage. As far as being under privileged goes, I am under privileged. But if I wish the progressive credentials of such as Doctor Dawg, I must celebrate the sack of my own neighbourhood. Progressive credentials would help my career an awful lot, unless I want a job creating wealth, rather than re-distributing it. I could get a job at the Toronto Star, or in Even More Victim Studies at the University of Toronto, or become an enabler of Crack Addiction.
Such is the wisdom of progressives that they do not live in the communities that they serve. Much as police do not live in the communities where they serve because they are hated, progressives do not live in the communites in which they encourage hate. I prefer my home town to be peaceful and crime free. I want to live in a place like where I grew up: where the doors are left unlocked. My landlord, in celebration of diversity has put bars on the windows, just to keep the white privilege out. (Living in a safe neighbourhood is a sign of white privilege, don’t you know?) * .
Gosh darn, Doctor Dawg, I want to do the right, er, left thing and steal and burn. Maybe shoot someone in the head. What is a poor Bolshevik white boy to do? I need to be accommodated. I need to be appeased.
I, Fenris Badwulf, wrote this
xpd Mitchieville, DustMyBroom, Stormy Days of March
Submit this post to ... StumbleUpon | Digg | del.icio.us
<< Home