Tom Bardsley--Whatcha Gonna Do When He Comes For You?
After last Wednesday's Uefa Cup final between Glasgow and Zenit St Petersburg, fans from the losing Glasgow team started rioting. As rioters set upon a police officer, punching and kicking him, Tom Bardsley, who served in the 26 Engineer Regiment at Bulworth Garrison, came on the scene. An ass-kicking ensued:He said he saw a man running towards Pc Regan "aiming a kick" and jumped into action.The only way that story could have been any better is if a few dozen rioters had their skulls caved in.
"I knew that if no-one was going to get him (the officer) he wasn't going to make it. I thought 'sod it' I did not care that bottles and bricks were being thrown at me. The adrenaline just kicked in."
Mr Bardsley, 23, dragged the officer along the street before throwing him in a police van around the corner.
But Mr Bardsley did not end his heroics there - a short time later he helped a water rescue team pull a Rangers fan from a canal.
And later, he pulled an unconscious man from the mass of rubbish left across the city, threw him over his shoulder and sprinted 150m to a nearby ambulance.
Finally, he chased away two men in Rangers shirts who were looting a police van.
None-the-less, three cheers for the young soldier with the giant balls. If he was here I'd let him buy me a beer.
This makes The Mayor happy because I feel as if not all is lost in England, there are still a few ass-kickers just waiting to be released.
**Glasgow Ranger soccer sucks--Chelsea Rules
NEXT--What Men Are Really Thinking
ALSO--Horoscope for the week of May 20, 2008
Submit this post to ... StumbleUpon | Digg | del.icio.us
<< Home