Hey, Scottish--Shut Those Bagpipes Up!
As part of the control of noise at work regulations, introduced by the Health and Safety Executive following a Brussels directive, Scottish bagpipers have been ordered to tone down or wear earplugs to limit noise exposure to 85 decibels:The rules in effect limit practice without earplugs to about 15 minutes a day.When the EU came for the haggis, I remained silent; I did not like haggis. When they came for the kilts, I remained silent; I did not wear a kilt. When they came for our bagpipes, I said; Achhhh, wooodie dooo wit ney bagpipers ye bunch of twats?
The rules cap weekly average noise exposure at 85 decibels, meaning periods of loud play need to be cancelled out by quiet periods. The idea is not to protect audiences at concerts but performers and other staff.
What would William Wallace do?
I suppose if William Wallace was alive, and not 780 years old, he would raise an army, march it to Brussels where he would sack the city, find José Manuel Barroso and shove a bagpipe up his euweenie ass, have his way with every broad in Brussels, and still have time to make it home to Scotland for a nice dinner and some grog.
However, that spirit left Scotland years ago. I suppose the Scottish will just have to listen to their French overlords and go back to obeying foreign masters.
Wow, that sucks.
FREEDOM!
Submit this post to ... StumbleUpon | Digg | del.icio.us
<< Home