Origins Friday
I've decided to change things up this week, I'm trying to add a little spice into your life. I don't want you to get bored of the trivia related Friday's, so i have taken away MindTrap this week and replaced it with Origins, an equally exciting game. You'll be very happy with this temporary change, I can feel it, yup, you're going to be pleased.There were so many winners last week that I'm thinking of either adding an addition to the Wall Of Fame to accommodate all the brilliant minds, or, I may have to resort to plan b--making the frames smaller to put on the wall.
That was badly worded, I'm slightly ashamed, yet too lazt to fix it.
Here are the answers to last weeks questions:
1) 9 yearsAnd the winners are...The Marginalized ACTION Dinosaur (again), The World Traveller, Emily, my buddy, Richard, Steamboat MCGoo (who is on fire again).
2) Sid Shady was just starting to cross a bridge when he saw the police car. He ran toward the car to get off the bridge before running into the woods.
3) 82 pounds, plus the weight of the bar.
Four winners, how exciting is that? Congratulations to all four winners, you will be pleased as punch to know that you are all the Smarty-Panted MindTrap Winners of the Week.
Pick up your $10 gift certificate to Casey's and your skid of Rice A Roni, the San Francisco Treat, as you leave.
This week we are playing a little game called Origins. It's pretty much a game where I tell you the subject and question and you answer. If it was any easier we'd let the folks from The DailyKos play, but we won't, because we hate them. Let's go!
1) NameI didn't get number 2, it was somewhat of a bitch for me, but I sailed through the other two questions.
When first introduced during the Second World War, they were known as General Purpose vehicles. For practicality it soon came to be known by this name.
2) Cliche/Expression
This phrase originates homeless being given free meal tickets for soup kitchens.
3) Name
Stiff legged, older horses were called by this name. Injured athletes frequently complain of having one.
How are you feeling? Are my American friends stuffed with all the Thanksgiving crap they ate yesterday? I'm sure you are. Remember, turkey milkshakes kick ass, and, nothing goes to waste.
Good luck to all, and to all a good night!
Labels: Origins Friday
Submit this post to ... StumbleUpon | Digg | del.icio.us
<< Home