The Skinny on Manorexia
Harvard researchers reported their first results studying eating disorders, and came up with some startling results:In a population of nearly 3,000 adults they found that 25 percent of those with anorexia or bulimia and 40 percent of binge eaters were men.I suppose that manorexia is a serious disorder and all, but I can't help thinking that it seems like total bullshit, as I've never known a manorexic or even heard of one until I read this highly suspect article today.
The authors called the rate "surprisingly high" because earlier studies had estimated that males accounted for about 10 percent of the cases of bulimia and anorexia, which can be fatal. Binge eating is not officially recognized as a psychiatric disorder and is not considered life-threatening, but its prevalence among men surprised some eating disorders specialists.
If your friend is a manorexic, take him to Burger King and shove a Whopper down his little bitch face. How hard can that be, he's got an eating disorder, just like a girl.
The only time a guy doesn't eat is because he has no money. If a guy is swimming in dough, he eats. If he's broke, he smokes. Real men will never become *manorexics*. Manorexia is reserved for city types, guys that listen to show tunes, have been to The Vagina Monologues, and dig Bette Midler.
Manorexia is the new pink
Labels: For Your Health, RESEARCH
Submit this post to ... StumbleUpon | Digg | del.icio.us
<< Home