Perky The Duck is Alive, No Thanks To You
You have already heard the story of Perky the duck. Perky the duck was shot, dragged by a dog and thrown in a freezer, only to be found alive and brought to a veterinarian's office. Well, Perky had an operation to repair it's mangled body, and something incredible happened on the operating table:"He's giving her oxygen, he's kind of tapping on her chest - he actually took a needle and kind of stuck her, because a little pain response can make you gag - and then he turned to me and said, 'She's gone, I am so sorry.'"Asked how she was paying for the operation, Perky said, "Put it on my bill". Thank you, you've been a great audience.
But suddenly the duck came back.
"We were sitting there looking at each other and then it's been 10 seconds and somebody said: 'She just took a breath.' "
Ms Beck didn't realise how affected she was by Perky's close call until she went to her car afterwards to call a friend.
"I literally broke down, I was sobbing on the phone. I think the first words to come out of my mouth were: 'She's alive.' It was an emotional rollercoaster.
"She's stolen all our hearts, she's such a perky little thing."
Perky's alive, and I bet she tastes great
Submit this post to ... StumbleUpon | Digg | del.icio.us
<< Home