More Moslem Sanity
It's gotten to the point where I'm starting to think that Scientology makes more sense than Islam:
This should be cut and dry then, they can just get back together, no harm no foul, right?
Yup, Islam is normal.
Lucky for her he didn't say, "I stone you, I stone you, I stone you
NEW DELHI (AP) - Village elders ordered a Muslim man in eastern India to leave his wife after he accidentally divorced her in his sleep, a news report said Tuesday.The man said he didn't want a divorce, he was under *medications* when he uttered those words.
Under Islamic law, a husband need only say "I divorce you" three times to secure a permanent end to his marriage.
Muslim leaders in the couple's village in West Bengal state found out and decreed that Ansari's unconscious utterances constituted a divorce, PTI reported.
This should be cut and dry then, they can just get back together, no harm no foul, right?
The religious leaders said that before remarrying, the couple would have to be apart for at least 100 days and that the wife, Sohela, would also have to spend a night with another man and then be divorced by him.The best part about Islam are the rules. It's as if someone on acid made this stuff up. "You must be apart for 100 days, sleep with a man, milk a goat, learn to juggle bowling balls, shave your back with a Ginsu knife, THEN you can remarry".
Yup, Islam is normal.
Lucky for her he didn't say, "I stone you, I stone you, I stone you
Labels: Islamic Tolerance
Submit this post to ... StumbleUpon | Digg | del.icio.us
<< Home