Yet Another fireworks disaster--What an explosive week!
Holy craparoonie, not even a day has gone by and we have another winner of the "Which country will have the next major fireworks disaster that kills scores of people" contest? Mitchieville's Minister Of Finance, Scott, got the first hand news about the tragedy/blessed event, and immediately phoned me to give me the horrible/uplifting details. There's no link available yet, but here are the fine points of the disaster/good tidings:
I just happened to lay down $500 on China, and they *went off* at 5/2. Let's see what that works out to. If you multiply the $500 by the odds of 5/2 and subtract the denominator, divide the sum by the whole total and deduct the GST, minus federal, provincial and municipal taxes, and of course the Mitchieville lottery tax of 50%, I....nevermind, that really doesn't apply to me.
Since I'm the Mayor of the 49th fastest growing community in N.E. Durham region, Ontario, Canada, North America, The World, The Universe, I don't pay taxes. Nope, I never have and I never will.
Let's just call it an even $5000, no use splitting hairs.
Would you like to be a winner just like me? Of course you do, I can feel your jealousy permeating through my cable connection. It's sickening, but completely laughable. On the one hand I feel sorry for you, on the other hand I laugh in your little faces.
I'll have to review the odds this weekend and get a complete list so my good readership can start the betting process first thing Tuesday.
Stay tuned, the Fireworks disaster season is not even close to being over.
CHANGSHA, Sept. 15 (Xinhuanet) -- A firework plant blast Thursday has claimed ten lives and left four other people injured, in Anhua county of central-south China's Hunan Province, according to local government sources.My prayers go out to the friends and family of this horrible tragedy(snicker snicker). But you know what I always say...with every end there starts a beginning. And in this case it's the beginning of a pretty delicious windfall for yours truly, The Mayor of Freakin' Mitchieville!
Li Huashan, director of the Anhua work safety supervision bureau, told Xinhua that the blast occurred at about 5:00 p.m., when it first banged in a workshop and then exploded in another six workshops of the Jiangnan Fireworks Plant.
I just happened to lay down $500 on China, and they *went off* at 5/2. Let's see what that works out to. If you multiply the $500 by the odds of 5/2 and subtract the denominator, divide the sum by the whole total and deduct the GST, minus federal, provincial and municipal taxes, and of course the Mitchieville lottery tax of 50%, I....nevermind, that really doesn't apply to me.
Since I'm the Mayor of the 49th fastest growing community in N.E. Durham region, Ontario, Canada, North America, The World, The Universe, I don't pay taxes. Nope, I never have and I never will.
Let's just call it an even $5000, no use splitting hairs.
Would you like to be a winner just like me? Of course you do, I can feel your jealousy permeating through my cable connection. It's sickening, but completely laughable. On the one hand I feel sorry for you, on the other hand I laugh in your little faces.
I'll have to review the odds this weekend and get a complete list so my good readership can start the betting process first thing Tuesday.
Stay tuned, the Fireworks disaster season is not even close to being over.
Submit this post to ... StumbleUpon | Digg | del.icio.us
<< Home