Here's My Hydro Bill
Balance Forward: $8.35What the fucking fuck is this? Are you kidding me? Am I on some sort of hidden camera show? Someone fetch me my Abacus, my Hydro bill is here. Let's look at this bill a little further, shall we?
Electricity-1st Block 2,259@$0.0470/kWh $105.75
Bal Block 1.711@0.0550/kWh $94.12
Delivery $117.30
Regulatory charges $25.31
Debt Retirement $26.54
Subtotal: $369.02
G.S.T. $25.83
Interest charge on Overdue Account $8.47
Cost Incurred This Billing: $403.32
The first line, Electricity-1st Block
2,259@$0.o470/kWh $105.75That's $200.00 right there, that's alot of dough. I'm not expecting to pay nothing, I'm just curious how my bill could get so high. I live like I'm in a fucking cave usually, unless I have friends over. Let's compare how much electricity I used last year and how much I used this year during the same month. It says on my bill I used exactly the same amount, right to the dollar. How come then is my bill $57.00 higher this year? That's quite the atomic jump. Let's move on though.
Bal Block 1.711@0.0550/kWh $94.12
Delivery $117.30That's funny. Of course you have to deliver it, what good is it to have $200 worth of electricity if it can't be delivered? Cha Ching. It's not like they're shipping it to me Fedex, it comes through a power line for God's sake. 117 bucks to *deliver* it. If it was real delivery it would fetch me a pack of smokes on the way. And what the hell is *regulatory charges you ask? I'll be glad to tell you. They are the costs associated with maintaining the provincial grid. "Cough *bullshit* Cough", If you multiply that figure by every electricity user in Ontario it would far outpace that of the costs involved in maintaining the grid. Businesses alone pay twice as much as it costs to maintain it. Try again.
Regulatory charges $25.31
Debt Retirement $26.54When I hear the words *debt retirement*, I want to scream. Hydro has literally pissed away tens of billions of our dollars, and now we have to pay off their debt. What a freaking joke. What a freaking bad, bad joke. But the worst has to be this:
G.S.T. $25.83It's bad enough we have to pay G.S.T., something the Federal Lieberals said they were going to get rid of over 3 elections ago, but it's a disgrace to have to pay G.S.T. on *debt retirement*. It's infuriating to think that billions of taxpayer dollars were pissed away by neglectful imbeciles, and now you're making us pay tax on something that the government has so badly fucked up.
This kind of behaviour would never be tolerated in Mitchieville.
Brought to you by the concerned citizens for a fair, free market economy. Vote the Mayor in 2005.
Submit this post to ... StumbleUpon | Digg | del.icio.us
<< Home