Think Globally, Act Locally, and Demand Handouts!

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Poetry Also Sucks

I've been in a real funk lately, I just can't seem to snap out of this bad feeling I have. As you know, usually I'm an upbeat, happy kind of guy, but lately I've been nothing short of being a bitch.

I decided yesterday that I'll read some poetry and take my mind off of things, but it didn't help. Here's an example of one of the poems that didn't help me in the least.
If All the Raindrops

If all the raindrops
Were lemondrops and gumdrops
Oh, what a rain that would be!
Standing outside, with my mouth open wide
Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah
If all the raindrops
Were lemondrops and gumdrops
Oh, what a rain that would be!
If the raindrops were lemondrops and gumdrops, and you stood outside with your mouth open, you'll get your face smashed in. Can you possibly imagine the carnage lemondrops and gumdrops would cause if they fell 22000 feet from the sky? Kids would be spitting out teeth like Chicklets.
If all the snowflakes
Were candy bars and milkshakes
Oh, what a snow that would be!
Standing outside, with my mouth open wide
Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah
If all the snowflakes
Were candy bars and milkshakes
Oh, what a snow that would be!
Is it any wonder why our children are so obese? I just can't get the image out of my head of children frolicking in the chocolate snow, eating like little pigs, clogging their arteries. If you went outside when it was snowing and opened your mouth and a O' Henry bar fell into it, I guarantee it would choke you to death. Food isn't a game for God's sake.
If all the sunbeams
Were bubblegum and ice cream
Oh, what a sun that would be!
Standing outside, with my mouth open wide
Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah
If all the sunbeams
Were bubblegum and ice cream
Oh, what a sun that would be!
Now I'm angry. What kind of stupid poem is this anyways? It's like it was written for kids or something. I quit, I can't take it anymore, I'm going to go binge drinking for a week.

posted by The Mayor at 8:01 PM

|

Submit this post to ... StumbleUpon | Digg | del.icio.us


<< Home

Contributors

  • command economy
  • Reg
  • The Mayor
  • Fenris Badwulf
Donations To The Christian Children's Fund
  • Click HERE and see why.

Best Canadian Blog The 2007 Weblog Awards Mitchieville Kicks Ass!

Previous Posts

  • Is That Jenna Bush?
  • Is That Jenna's Bush?
  • I Wonder if there's an Election coming up?
  • Bob Hunter is dead
  • How to Stop American Imperialism
  • A Womb With a View
  • Tickle Me Julie
  • Ah Chu
  • Read My Palm, Sisters
  • "Pepsi, the choice of a new generation"
    • Mitchieville Cabinet

    • Campaign Manager
    • Re-Educationer-Fenris Badwulf
    • House Leaders
    • Parliamentary Chef
    • Defence Minister
    • Finance Minister
    • Native Affairs
    • Munitions - Reg
    • Culture & Arts
    • Information Minister
    • Environment Minister
    • Womyn's Affairs
    • Religious Affairs
    • Senate

    • Cannuckistan Chronicles
    • Florida Cracker
    • The Leather Penguin
    • Marginalized ACTION Dinosaur
    • Mean Ol' Meanie
    • Backbenchers

    • 49th Parallel
    • Angry
    • Attu
    • Battle of Ontario
    • Blazing Cat Fur
    • Blog Quebecois
    • Catprint in the Mash
    • Dangerous Logic
    • Don Surber
    • Dr Mookie Love
    • Enig-Mac
    • Enjoy Every Sandwich
    • Grant Miller Media
    • Grouchy Old Cripple
    • Ice Princess
    • Kathy Shadle
    • Keyser Söze
    • Knowledge is Power
    • Last Of The Few
    • Limits of Respectability
    • Loganotron
    • Mean Ol' Meanie
    • Mugs
    • OMMAG
    • Proud To Be Canadian
    • Rumcorps
    • Right off The Shore
    • Samantha Burns
    • Six Meat Buffet
    • Small Dead Animals
    • Steamboat McGoo
    • Taylor & Company
    • The Digital Brownshirt
    • The Drunken Stepfather
    • The Halls of Macadamia
    • The Last Amazon
    • The Daily Bayonet
    • Wonder Woman
    • Enemies of the State

    • Commissar Suvorov
    • dmorris
    • Dmorris
    • Lisa
    • DINO
    • dmorris
    • Reg
    • dmorris
    • Fenris
    • dmorris
    • Political Prisoners

    • Jack’s Newswatch
    • Purple Tory
    • The Black Rod
    • The Trusty Tory
    • Unambiguously Ambidextrous
    • Humor

      Powered by Blogger


      Mitchieville is worth $100,000,000.00.
      and your blog isn't.


    All content property of The Mayor, unless otherwise noted. This is under a creative commons license.

    Subscribe with Bloglines

    stats count