Montel Williams Has Lost Control
Montel Williams was in Savannah the other day, promoting a program that gives free prescriptions to low-income people. A reporter asks Montel:"Do you think pharmaceutical companies would be discouraged from research and development if their profits were restricted?"It doesn't end there, of course:
According to the reporters, Williams reacted angrily, saying:
"I'm trying to figure out exactly why you are here and what the interview is about. I'm here as a patient advocate talking about the fact that medications available today are saving people's lives, that's what's saving mine and after that, this interview is done."
When the Savannah Morning-News reporters later returned to the hotel for an unrelated assignment, he approached one of them _ high school student Courtney Scott, an intern at the newspaper.In other words, if the reporter and photographer had been there to confront him about his earlier freak out, then he wouldn't have apologized. The thinly veiled death reference was back on the table.
"As we were preparing to film, Montel walked up with his bodyguard and got in Courtney Scott's face pointing his finger telling her 'Don't look at me like that. Do you know who I am? I'm a big star, and I can look you up, find where you live and blow you up,'" said Joseph Cosey, a web content producer for the newspaper. "At this time he was randomly pointing at all of us."
Scott said she wasn't sure how to interpret Williams' comment.
"I'm not sure if he meant 'blow me up' and ruin my career or really blow us up, but it was threatening," Scott said.
Williams, a patient advocate since being diagnosed with multiple sclerosis, later issued a statement apologizing for the outburst.
"I mistakenly thought the reporter and photographer in question were at the hotel to confront me about some earlier comments," Williams said. "I was wrong, and I apologize for my overreaction."
The second point has to do with the young reporter kid who wondered whether Montel was actually threatening to *blow them up* in a physical way or was using some bizarre form of street slang to indicate he was going to mess with their livelihood. Well, have you ever heard any person use the term *blow you up* when referring to the ruination of ones career? Yes, Scott, Montel was threatening to kill you. That's why he came at you with a bodyguard in tow.
Lastly, Montel Williams is a loose cannon that needs some serious psychiatric help. The question the first reporter asked him was a simple, yet valid question. It was well thought out and deserved an honest answer. Not, "I'll fuck your shit up!" I never watched Montel in my life, but I'm pretty sure I can guess what he's all about. Looking at his pictures tells me all I need to know. Enjoy your low-rider and your hoes, bro.
Yo yo yo.
BTW--earrings on old men went out 15 years ago, keep up with the fashion, douchebag
Submit this post to ... StumbleUpon | Digg | del.icio.us
<< Home