Women Are Massive Shoe Hounds
A poll of 1,057 women by the Consumer Reports National Research Center found what every human in the world already knows: when it comes to shoes, women are obsessed:Women on average own 19 pairs of shoes although they only wear four pairs regularly while 15 percent have over 30 pairs.19 pairs? Are you sure it's not closer to 700 pairs?
Sometimes I come home from City Hall and at the door are three pairs of TLDG's shoes. I wake up in the morning and there's 8 pairs of her shoes. It's not as if she was trying on shoes in her sleep, yet her shoes have morphed into more pairs of shoes. I have a theory that women's shoes somehow mate with each other while we sleep, producing more shoes and more shoes. One day they will take over the world.
Sales of shoes has increased in recent years with figures from retail tracker NPD Group showing U.S. shoe sales rose 9 percent in 2005 to nearly $42 billion or 1.4 billion pairs.Thems alot of shoes.
I often hear from TLDG that she needs alot of shoes to match all her outfits. Yet her shoes outnumber her outfits by about 7-1. I'd say something to her, but truth be told, she kind of scares the shit out of me when it comes to shoes. I suppose my biggest worry is that if I said something about all her shoes, one day I'll wake up with a stiletto lodged in my forehead.
Shoes--Crack for women
Labels: RESEARCH
Submit this post to ... StumbleUpon | Digg | del.icio.us
<< Home