Miss Teen South Carolina Re-Answers Question
On the Today Show this morning, Miss Teen South Carolina, Lauren Caitlin Upton, got a second chance to answer the question why one fifth of Americans can't find the US on a map. Her answer?"Well personally, my friends and I, we know exactly where the United States is on our map. I don't know anyone else who doesn't. And if the statistics are correct, I believe there should be more emphasis on geography."Good for her, I'm glad that is straightened out.
I feel a little sorry for this young lady because I've been in her position before. It was in the Mr. Hunky Pants 2004 pageant, and the hostess asked me how I would solve the problem of world hunger. I told her that I would immediately carpet bomb Africa. Problem solved. The reaction I got was shocking. Boos and hisses drowned out the whole broadcast. It's not as if I said global warming was a lie or anything. In retrospect, I should have said we should give more money and help to developing nations. Coming in second that year was a hard pill to swallow.
Submit this post to ... StumbleUpon | Digg | del.icio.us
<< Home