The World Denounces North Korea
Leaders from around the globe have denounced North Korea for staging an underground nuclear explosion:China, Pyongyang's strongest political and economic backer, denounced the test by its neighbour as "brazen,"The United States and South Korea have gone even further and suggested a round of tough new sanctions:
Russian President Vladimir Putin said Moscow "certainly condemns the test conducted by North Korea."
British Prime Minister Tony Blair said the test was a "completely irresponsible act."
The U.S. proposal is aimed at curbing its nuclear and ballistic missile programs and would prohibit all trade in military and luxury goods, freeze all assets related to "illicit activities" and authorize inspection of all cargo to and from North Korea.Not only have world leaders condemned North Korea in the strongest possible terms, now a few countries want to halt sales of luxury goods to this impoverished nation.
If that doesn't make Kim Jong II have second thoughts about his nuclear ambitions, then I don't know what will.
I can hardly imagine the trembling that is taking place in the tiny boots of Kim Jong II this morning. He must be shaking like a leaf after hearing these very strong words cast upon him and his nation. "Brazen", "Irresponsible", these words must surely have some effect on Kim Jong. How he can withstand this onslaught on verbiage is beyond me.
I'll be honest when I say that I feel a little sorry for Kim Jong II this morning. Maybe we can make it up to him by sending Jimmy Carter over to North Korea with the promise of a few more nuclear reactors...you know, just to soothe things over.
God, no, not luxury items!
Submit this post to ... StumbleUpon | Digg | del.icio.us
<< Home