What's Up? You are so dead
I suppose it's not what you say to someone that could get you shot in the face, but how you say it:
What's Up? Nothing.
DES MOINES, Iowa -- A man who allegedly asked a police officer "What's up?" is now locked up.I remember a few years ago I killed a man when he said hi to me. I was like "Hi? That's it for you, say hello to my little friend, you rat bastard".
Authorities said Officer Patrick Hickey was checking license plates as part of a recent drug investigation when 33-year-old Stewart Jenkins asked him "What's up?"
"What's up?" Hickey said he responded.
After another exchange, Jenkins allegedly retorted: "I'll show you what's up!" and went inside a nearby house and emerged with a .38 caliber handgun, police said.
Hickey said he showed the man his badge and pointed his gun at the man, who put down his gun. Authorities said Jenkins was wanted in Michigan, where he was on parole for assault.Always make sure to qualify what a copper says to you before drawing your weapon on him. If a cop asks you "What's up?", I suggest answering him with the words "Not much", and continue on your way. Even if a copper says to you, "Nice weather we're having", it doesn't necessarily mean that the next move he makes is shoving a baton up yer ass. The po-po's words might be what's known on planet earth as a "Pleasantry". Play it cool.
Police said he was carrying $700 and a small amount of what they suspected was crack cocaine. A search of his house turned up $8,000 and 15 grams of suspected crack, authorities said.
What's Up? Nothing.
Submit this post to ... StumbleUpon | Digg | del.icio.us
<< Home