You light up my life
It's been a while since a fireworks factory has burned down and killed scores of people. However, it is that time of year again, the time of year when we get out into the great outdoors and light up our skies with burning, stinking, oxygen consuming fireworks. Of course we will need trillions of tons of fireworks to feed our pyro lust, and we also need a dealer to get us the goods.
At this point I'd like to bring in our contestants for this years "which country will have the next major fireworks disaster that kills scores of people?" contest.
I'm going to open this up to any country in the world, but the smart money is on China. China usually gets a few fireworks factories burning down every year, and besides, they're due. I haven't heard about any fireworks place in China burning down recently, hell ya, they're completely due. As far as odds go I'd say they are the favourite at 5/2.
You have to watch out for the Taiwanese though, they display as much positive resolve to workers safety as their Chinese brothers and sisters do, so I wouldn't take them out of the equation just yet. The Taiwanese are an even money bet.
A few longer shots would be the Cambodians, the South Koreans, the Peoples Republic of Laos, the North Vietnamese and then the Americans.
The Cambodians would be 4-1, the South Koreans would be 8-1, the Laotians would be 25-1, N. Viet I'd have to say would be about 50-1, and the Americans finish dead last(haha) at 100-1.
Myself? I'm certainly putting my money on the Chinese, I'm betting $100 that they clean up. It's safe money, but who am I to tell you how to spend your money? I'm a politician for God's sake.
At this point I'd like to bring in our contestants for this years "which country will have the next major fireworks disaster that kills scores of people?" contest.
I'm going to open this up to any country in the world, but the smart money is on China. China usually gets a few fireworks factories burning down every year, and besides, they're due. I haven't heard about any fireworks place in China burning down recently, hell ya, they're completely due. As far as odds go I'd say they are the favourite at 5/2.
You have to watch out for the Taiwanese though, they display as much positive resolve to workers safety as their Chinese brothers and sisters do, so I wouldn't take them out of the equation just yet. The Taiwanese are an even money bet.
A few longer shots would be the Cambodians, the South Koreans, the Peoples Republic of Laos, the North Vietnamese and then the Americans.
The Cambodians would be 4-1, the South Koreans would be 8-1, the Laotians would be 25-1, N. Viet I'd have to say would be about 50-1, and the Americans finish dead last(haha) at 100-1.
Myself? I'm certainly putting my money on the Chinese, I'm betting $100 that they clean up. It's safe money, but who am I to tell you how to spend your money? I'm a politician for God's sake.
Submit this post to ... StumbleUpon | Digg | del.icio.us
<< Home