Mitchieville's 300 Carbon Credits To Fortune & Fame
You are looking at one of the first prizes in Mitchieville's 300 Carbon Credits To Fortune & Fame contest. And no, I don't mean the French toast and the bacon you see. And no, I don't mean the stylish table cloth or that glass of water (or glass). And no, I don't mean the paper towel dispenser or the candle in the background, nor do I mean those crappy magazines or the little salt shaker. Man, sometimes you people can be a little thick. I'm talking about the maple syrup.That's right, the first person to accumulate 300 carbon credits will receive a 2L medium, Mennonite made, pure, 100% Canadian Maple Syrup. This is the stuff that kicks all the other maple syrups in the face. This is the kind of maple syrup that looks at Aunt Jemima and spits in her hair. This is the type of maple syrup that dreams are made from. This is the maple syrup that only politicians and oil speculators can afford.
And it can be yours.
We start today. I will ask you 5 random questions about this and that and possibly about the other. Each correct answer is worth 10 carbon credits. On Monday, we will play What's In The Mayor's Lunch?, and on Tuesday, Fenris will continue the contest with his Tuesday Trivia. We live in exciting times, relish the moment.
I will release various different prizes as we go along, slowly, like the drip of an infested, syphilis-ridden rodeo clown. Each week the prizes and excitement mounts, until you, the participants of said games, can't take it any more. Or whatever.
Here are the questions for this week, each worth 10 carbon credits:
1) What current branch of the U.S. military was a corps of only 50 soldiers when World War I broke out?Keep in mind, even if you only answer a few questions, you will still be in the game. Between this and the other *special games* we will play, you may not do great now, but there will be plenty of chances to catch up.
2) What was a gladiator armed with, in addition to a dagger and spear?
3) What crooner's mother warned him not to change his name to Frankie Satin?
4) What two letters are both symbols for 1,000?
5) Which will yield the most BTUs of energy--a gallon of oil, a pound of coal or a gallon of gasoline?
Also keep in mind that the overall winner will get some great prizes, but I will also hand out individual prizes as we go along.
Man, this is going to be great. Okay, maybe not great, but it sure will be slightly above average, that's my prediction.
New Mitchievillian's are welcome to play, and so are the old and weak.
Submit this post to ... StumbleUpon | Digg | del.icio.us
<< Home