Snow Day In Mitchieville

Today was a wonderful day in Mitchieville. It was global warmering out to the tune of about -8 Celsius and we got about 6 cm of snow. TLDG, my legitimate children and myself put on our snow pants, gloves, mitts and toques and headed for the hills of Mitchieville for some toboggan goodness.

The first to (literally) hit the hills were my youngest legitimate and TLDG. My two little troopers may have come close to a land speed record, but the wipe-out they took right at the end was the show stopper.

After their ride, I decided to challenge my youngest legitimate to a race down the slope. I was crowned the winner and by virtue, made my son into my permanent boot-licker. Hail The Mayor!

This isn't a great picture at all. I'm slightly embarrassed that I decided to wear white sports socks under a $300 snowsuit. Fashion counts.

On the way home we spotted a coyote. A big coyote at that. For a bit we wondered whether this sucker was part wolf, it sure could be. Anyway, this poor beast suffered from mange and its hind-quarters were pretty beaten up. I'd be surprised if it made it through the night. Had I my rifle, it wouldn't have made it off that farm it was on.
Submit this post to ... StumbleUpon | Digg | del.icio.us
<< Home