Breastfeed Me Until I'm Dead
Veronika Robinson, an advocate for breastfeeding children until they are, well, really frickin' old, is appearing on a British show this Wednesday to discuss her decision to keep breastfeeding her 8 year old child:
What man in their right mind would be disgusted at watching an 18 year old girl suckle from their momma's teat? Not me. As it stand now, I pay $19.95 a month to watch displays similar to this.
I'd like to take this a step further. I'd like to suggest that we, John and Jane Q Public, be given a choice at Tim Horton's coffee shops, between using regular 2% milk, or titty milk. I'd suggest that for a small additional fee, that we are allowed to drink directly from the tap.
If breast milk is so good for you, which I truly believe it is, why aren't we still being fed a daily diet of natures juice? I ask you, why?
I'd stopped breastfeeding Bethany when she was five though I was continuing to feed her younger sister, Elizah but obviously she clearly remembered what a wonderful feeling it had been. It was the best thing she could imagine and, presented like that, it seemed like a great idea.I don't understand that, I'm not disgusted by it in the least, as a matter of fact, I think this is one of the best things that I have ever heard of in my life.
Veronika, who edits an alternative-parenting magazine called The Mother continued: My girls were brought up to think it was completely normal to ask for a breast in a shop, she says. That's bad enough when they are toddlers, but when they are big girls, people get freaked out by it.
I try to be discreet, but we have had some odd looks. People tend to be disgusted and disbelieving.
What man in their right mind would be disgusted at watching an 18 year old girl suckle from their momma's teat? Not me. As it stand now, I pay $19.95 a month to watch displays similar to this.
I'd like to take this a step further. I'd like to suggest that we, John and Jane Q Public, be given a choice at Tim Horton's coffee shops, between using regular 2% milk, or titty milk. I'd suggest that for a small additional fee, that we are allowed to drink directly from the tap.
If breast milk is so good for you, which I truly believe it is, why aren't we still being fed a daily diet of natures juice? I ask you, why?
Submit this post to ... StumbleUpon | Digg | del.icio.us
<< Home