State Legislator Wants to Ban the Term *Illegal Alien*
A state legislator in Tallahassee Florida, wants to ban the term *illegal alien*, as she finds it *offensive*:"I personally find the word 'alien' offensive when applied to individuals, especially to children," said Sen. Frederica Wilson, D-Miami. "An alien to me is someone from out of space."I couldn't agree more, that is such an oppressive and demoralizing word. Let's see if I can come up with a few terms that better describes our poor immigrant friends. How about:
"'Illegal,' I can live with, but I like 'undocumented' better," she said.
Future Democrat voterThere just doesn't seem to be a problem that I can't solve lately.
Houseguests that just won't leave
Misbranded adopted citizens
Secret space dwellers
Undocumented transplanted labour mules
Wayfaring americable transoceanic nomad
Imported Social Services accommodater
Thanks to Curmudgeonly and Skeptical for pointing this problem out to me.
Submit this post to ... StumbleUpon | Digg | del.icio.us
<< Home