Men Are Smart. Women? Not so Much
Controversial psychologist Philippe Rushton is at it again. You may remember Rushton's research regarding race-based differences (Orientals are smarter that whites who it turn are smarter than blacks). Now Rushton claims that men are smarter than women:In this month's issue of the journal Intelligence, Rushton, of the University of Western Ontario, writes that men have a four- to five-point IQ advantage over women by adulthood.Women who read this are going to be furious, I know the journalist who brought this to my attention, Midelle Jacobs, had a meltdown when she wrote her article. She tried to make a (sarcastic) case as to why men aren't smarter, but came away looking like the chick in the old movie who was running through the forest and sprained her ankle.
He bases his findings on an analysis of the SAT (Scholastic Assessment Test) results from 100,000 U.S. teens aged 17 and 18.
Sex differences in IQ were missed for 100 years because girls mature faster than boys and almost all the prior studies showing an absence of sex differences were done on children, Rushton says.
The findings overturn a century-long consensus that men and women have the same general mental ability, he adds.
The male advantage was found in every level of family income, for every level of fathers' and mothers' education among seven ethnic groups, he says.
Men might be smarter than women, who the hell knows. Orientals may be smarter than whites, that very well could be. One thing we do know for sure is that The Mayor is smarter than the whole damn lot of you put together. And I'm including all you MENSA-heads, and smarty pants. The point is, it doesn't matter how smart someone is, it matters what kind of decisions a person makes. You can have an IQ like mine (174) and still be dumb as a rock (unlike me). I know people who are smart as a whip and make the dumbest decisions you can imagine. I know people whose brains are leaking out of their heads yet they can't change the time on their VCR. Maybe it's relative. Maybe I'm drunk. History will judge us accordingly.
I'm so smrt
**BTW, in case you didn't figure it out, that's a picture of a Smart car.
Labels: RESEARCH
Submit this post to ... StumbleUpon | Digg | del.icio.us
<< Home