Women and children LAST
Are there any men in New Orleans? I'm not talking about the rescue workers here, but I'm talking about the fathers of these poor kids I keep seeing on T.V. Sure, I've seen a few, but I've seen very few.
It seems that every scene I watch about New Orleans has a baby momma, baby momma kids, but no baby daddy. I know I'm slightly old fashioned concerning certain things, but isn't the idea that when there is a disaster, you're suppose to take care of the women and children FIRST. Where the hell are the children's fathers?
Now, I do see old men, there seems to be plenty of them around, but where are the men aged 18-40? How is it possible for grown men to leave an impending disaster and NOT bring their kids with them? I have two boys from a previous marriage, and I know that if anything terrible happened, disaster wise, you'd have to put a bullet through my brain to stop me from getting my kids out.
Now I understand that these folks are poor, and many of them didn't have a ride out of town, but obviously the young men/fathers had a ride out, which tells me that there WAS a way out of town. Who among you wouldn't give up your seat in a car to potentially save your kids life? Exactly, we would all sacrifice.
As a matter of fact, I'd give up my ride for any kid, not just my own, as I'm sure most of you would.
When things settle down and people start talking rationally about the problems concerning everything involving the Hurricane and the aftermath, it would be nice if someone could answer me this question; What happened to the men of New Orleans?
It seems that every scene I watch about New Orleans has a baby momma, baby momma kids, but no baby daddy. I know I'm slightly old fashioned concerning certain things, but isn't the idea that when there is a disaster, you're suppose to take care of the women and children FIRST. Where the hell are the children's fathers?
Now, I do see old men, there seems to be plenty of them around, but where are the men aged 18-40? How is it possible for grown men to leave an impending disaster and NOT bring their kids with them? I have two boys from a previous marriage, and I know that if anything terrible happened, disaster wise, you'd have to put a bullet through my brain to stop me from getting my kids out.
Now I understand that these folks are poor, and many of them didn't have a ride out of town, but obviously the young men/fathers had a ride out, which tells me that there WAS a way out of town. Who among you wouldn't give up your seat in a car to potentially save your kids life? Exactly, we would all sacrifice.
As a matter of fact, I'd give up my ride for any kid, not just my own, as I'm sure most of you would.
When things settle down and people start talking rationally about the problems concerning everything involving the Hurricane and the aftermath, it would be nice if someone could answer me this question; What happened to the men of New Orleans?
Submit this post to ... StumbleUpon | Digg | del.icio.us
<< Home