Think Globally, Act Locally, and Demand Handouts!

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Read Mitchieville and get liquored up!

Mitchieville hasn't run a contest in quite a while, but today that changes. I haven't run a contest recently because quite frankly, the contests that we've had here in the past sucked ass. That to will change.

Carin from
Is this blog on? asked me the other day, " what was that crappy sex-cult movie he (Tom Cruise) made with Nicole Kidman?" Ed from Ninevite answered it correctly,
"The movie was "Eyes Wide Shut".

It's pretty messed up actually. Some of Kubrick's better work, in my opinion. Of course he's brilliant one way or another, but it was really cool to see him get to make a movie with a huge budget.
That gave me an idea. First, I have to kill Ed for knowing something I didn't, and secondly, I think I could make a cool contest out of movie trivia.

Here's how it will work: I will give you a movie quote, and you guess the movie AND the director. I will give you, my smart readership, a different quote every day until someone gets three of them right. Simple? I hope you said yes, because if you didn't, you may not be smart enough to play this game.

Here's what the grand prize winner will receive: booze. That's right, I'll send the winner a 40oz of the finest Canadian rye ever made. I won't even drink it first and then fill it up with cheap rye, like I use to do to my old man when I lived at home.

Yes, I said booze! Is your mouth watering? It is? Well then friend, you have an alcohol problem and you should go to AA before you collapse.

I'll make this fair for everyone. Seeing as I live in Ontario, I'm on eastern standard time(I think). I will post the quote at 6:30 A.M. every day until I have a winner. 6:30 A.M. is good for you raging booze-heads because you're probably just going to sleep after a long night of binge drinking.

Any questions? No? Good.

Here's a sample quote to get your mind going:
You're Norma Desmond. You used to be in silent pictures. You used to be big.
Now I know you could Google that, but that wouldn't be fair, this is on the honour system, so let's play nice. I'm specifically talking to my American readership ; )

Let's have some fun with this, let's make this contest work. If we can't make this thing work then I'm going to start wasting hostages...and you wouldn't like that now, would you?

posted by The Mayor at 3:02 PM

|

Submit this post to ... StumbleUpon | Digg | del.icio.us


<< Home

Contributors

  • command economy
  • Reg
  • The Mayor
  • Fenris Badwulf
Donations To The Christian Children's Fund
  • Click HERE and see why.

Best Canadian Blog The 2007 Weblog Awards Mitchieville Kicks Ass!

Previous Posts

  • How's my day? Go die
  • Brad Pitt is NOT dying
  • The Anglo-Saxon Canadian Chronicle
  • Astrology and Fools
  • An oldie but a goodie
  • Astrology and the Raccoon Problem
  • Time to cool down
  • The Tax Calculator
  • Ask Tom Cruise anything
  • The Fwench don't like Scientology
    • Mitchieville Cabinet

    • Campaign Manager
    • Re-Educationer-Fenris Badwulf
    • House Leaders
    • Parliamentary Chef
    • Defence Minister
    • Finance Minister
    • Native Affairs
    • Munitions - Reg
    • Culture & Arts
    • Information Minister
    • Environment Minister
    • Womyn's Affairs
    • Religious Affairs
    • Senate

    • Cannuckistan Chronicles
    • Florida Cracker
    • The Leather Penguin
    • Marginalized ACTION Dinosaur
    • Mean Ol' Meanie
    • Backbenchers

    • 49th Parallel
    • Angry
    • Attu
    • Battle of Ontario
    • Blazing Cat Fur
    • Blog Quebecois
    • Catprint in the Mash
    • Dangerous Logic
    • Don Surber
    • Dr Mookie Love
    • Enig-Mac
    • Enjoy Every Sandwich
    • Grant Miller Media
    • Grouchy Old Cripple
    • Ice Princess
    • Kathy Shadle
    • Keyser Söze
    • Knowledge is Power
    • Last Of The Few
    • Limits of Respectability
    • Loganotron
    • Mean Ol' Meanie
    • Mugs
    • OMMAG
    • Proud To Be Canadian
    • Rumcorps
    • Right off The Shore
    • Samantha Burns
    • Six Meat Buffet
    • Small Dead Animals
    • Steamboat McGoo
    • Taylor & Company
    • The Digital Brownshirt
    • The Drunken Stepfather
    • The Halls of Macadamia
    • The Last Amazon
    • The Daily Bayonet
    • Wonder Woman
    • Enemies of the State

    • Commissar Suvorov
    • dmorris
    • Dmorris
    • Lisa
    • DINO
    • dmorris
    • Reg
    • dmorris
    • Fenris
    • dmorris
    • Political Prisoners

    • Jack’s Newswatch
    • Purple Tory
    • The Black Rod
    • The Trusty Tory
    • Unambiguously Ambidextrous
    • Humor

      Powered by Blogger


      Mitchieville is worth $100,000,000.00.
      and your blog isn't.


    All content property of The Mayor, unless otherwise noted. This is under a creative commons license.

    Subscribe with Bloglines

    stats count